Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with all your smaller buck racks ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with all your smaller buck racks ?

I have about 40 bucks I’ve killed over the years since I was a young man between 100-130” I don't know what to do with. I lined the whole perimeter of my last garage but looking for new ideas. They are either skull capped or on leather plaques. Already hung up a bunch of the nicer ones I kept as euros. Give me some ideas. I think most are too small sized to make a cool chandelier, I don’t like the antler Christmas trees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the Skull Trees people on here have made. Could do 5-6 heads per post and put them in a man cave or in the garage.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
        I like the Skull Trees people on here have made. Could do 5-6 heads per post and put them in a man cave or in the garage.

Comment

My dad cut a bunch of his up and made key chains out of them and gave one to just about everybody he came across. I’m curious if anyone has a good idea for them as well, like you I’ve got a huge pile of them myself and it would be pretty cool to use them for something other than dust collectors.

Comment

I have no ideas either, just a stack of old heads. Like a 80 inch deer that was the best one I had ever killed back in 1992.

Comment

Best idea I’ve got is hang them upside down from a board hanging from ceiling like a taxidermy shop.

Comment

If you want to get rid of them, one of the people who make antler pens may buy them. I don't know any personally but there is usually one at most trade days/fairs.

Comment

Chop 'em and sell as dog chews. They sell for like $20 per 4-6" section at the pet store. Crazy. I'd take a few racks worth...

Comment

Saw this online.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Antlers.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	24679315

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
                      Saw this online.

[ATTACH]1084525[/ATTACH]
                      That’s awesome. My 45” antlers probably wouldn’t look near as cool though

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                        Chop 'em and sell as dog chews. They sell for like $20 per 4-6" section at the pet store. Crazy. I'd take a few racks worth...
                        This

Comment

I give mine to my own dogs.

Comment

I moved 5 years ago and put all of mine that were not full mounts in boxes and stored in the attic. Been thinking about putting them on the wall in my new shop, just haven`t got around to it.

Comment

There is an old saying that when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

I'm in the same boat, brother. It finally dawned on me that I have made all the projects with antler that I am ever going to make. For the last three years I have been hanging the heads in the fence in front of the house. With time, the sun will peel away the skin and the bone will become bleached. It is decorative to me. Not so much to some, but hey, it's my place and my rules. I'm sure that mice come along and have a calcium rich snack, from time to time. That is o.k. It came from nature and it can return to nature. There is nothing sacred about antlers.

Comment

Working...
                              X