No announcement yet.

Replaced battery then didn't start for long time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was probably just after replacing the battery and should be fine after the first start. When removing the battery the keep alive memory is reset and all the parameters that were learned while driving the past thousands of miles is reset to factory specs. It shouldn’t take 10 minutes, maybe like 15 seconds of cranking. With that mileage it could be the fuel pump bleeding down after sitting for awhile. I would keep an eye on it for cold starts after sitting overnight. That could be the warning indicator for a fuel pump getting weak and eventually needing replacement.
    Last edited by blfx4; 03-13-2022, 04:37 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Idle control valve, 02 sensors, fuel filter, fuel pump, lots of things.

Comment

Circling back on this thread. Truck is now throwing a P0461 code. It's also thrown a misfire and running lean codes but cleared themselves.

P0461 is basically saying the amount of fuel in tank doesn't match the gauge. So something still going on with the fuel system so nothing jumping out as the root cause yet.

I think it's 3 things:
        1. Fuel Pump Driver Module
        2. Fuel Pump module (what's inside the tank with the fuel pump)
        3. PCM (has signs that it has gotten wet and it's been throwing random codes)

#1 is $62 and I can change easily Normally i wouldn't just throw parts at it but think i'm going to do this this weekend just to rule one thing out.

Comment

No cam or crank position sensor codes?

Comment

check the fuel gauge.

Comment

Your code is probably correct because it is out of gas. Add 5 gallons and see if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                No cam or crank position sensor codes?
                Nope. Only a too lean, misfire, and fuel gauge sensor is all. All cleared themselves within 2 days.

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                Your code is probably correct because it is out of gas. Add 5 gallons and see if that helps.
                No she put $114 worth in on Tuesday. Once the code cleared itself it was back to reading full with over 450 miles to go. The code is because the sensor and gauge don't match.

Comment

Working...
                X