2022 Formula 1 Season!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
    Yessir!!!! [emoji817] I need to get caught up on NETFLIX between now and then. 4 episodes out and I am running late. Reviews were not [emoji298][emoji95][emoji298]but hopefully it turns out as good as the first 3 seasons.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    You're doing better than me, I've only watched the first 2 episodes so far.
    Too early to have an opinion yet.

Comment

They ever do an episode on Grosjeans crash? Going to see him run @ TMS Sunday, he was super brave in his first oval race at Gateway last year, should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
        They ever do an episode on Grosjeans crash? Going to see him run @ TMS Sunday, he was super brave in his first oval race at Gateway last year, should be interesting.
        Season 3. Here is a short clip. They definitely drag it out like he was in the fire for 20 minutes, and that all the other drivers had time to get back to pits, get their cars shut down, helmets off, and learn the full scope of what actually happened before he even got out of the fire.

But it is what it is.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YMjw2sjXqU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YMjw2sjXqU[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
          Season 3. Here is a short clip. They definitely drag it out like he was in the fire for 20 minutes, and that all the other drivers had time to get back to pits, get their cars shut down, helmets off, and learn the full scope of what actually happened before he even got out of the fire.

But it is what it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YMjw2sjXqU
          Hang on.... Are you implying that Netflix purposely created drama in DTS?

ROFL

Comment

After watching that crash LOL at Mazepin

Nikita Mazepin says he doesn’t trust Haas to provide him with a safe car and so would not drive for the team again in future, despite considering legal action over his contract termination.

Haas opted to end its deals with title sponsor Uralkali and Mazepin at the weekend in response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine that has led to severe global sanctions being placed on Vladimir Putin’s regime. While Mazepin says he will redeploy the Uralkali backing he receives to a new foundation called ‘We Compete As One’ for athletes hampered by political developments, he says he still has his eyes set on a Formula 1 return — but would not do so with Haas.

“I absolutely do not see F1 as a closed chapter for me,” Mazepin said. “I’m going to stay in race condition and I will be ready to take on an opportunity if it comes, and at the moment I’m only sighting F1 and no other categories.

“It’s good to keep all (legal) options available, but I definitely don’t want to go back to a place which doesn’t want me. And, as you know, F1 is a dangerous sport and you have to rely on and believe in the team you’re working with, it’s a question of safety, and I think it is fair to say I do not have that trust in them.”

Although Mazepin insists he had “unconditionally” agreed to race as a neutral in order to keep his seat, he admitted he hadn’t decided if he could sign the required FIA commitment to do so.

“The night before my contract had been terminated there was an additional letter that had been made and by the time we were processing that letter and looking at options — because there were a lot of clauses in it — the next morning I received a termination in my contract. So there was no time to even say yes to it.

“There has been two stages in the decision of allowing Russian athletes to compete. Firstly when there was an online voting held by the FIA where everybody has had a say, where they have ruled that drivers can compete from those countries if they are neutral. This I am ready to agree with, and I was ready to consider myself neutral, and compete.

“Then if we go to the second time when they have added an additional letter which I had to have it signed, I did not even start looking at it because my contract has been terminated.”

Comment

Originally posted by F1addict View Post
              Hang on.... Are you implying that Netflix purposely created drama in DTS?

ROFL
              LOL, oh I know. When my wife saw it, she said she couldn't believe he didn't burn up since he was in the car for so long. When I asked what she meant, she said all of the other drivers were able to finish a lap and get out of the car before he got out of the fire. So I showed her the beginning to end clip of the actual fire. I thought he was in the car much longer when I saw the video way back.

I also had a co worker try to tell me he was in the car for 6 minutes. And fortunately, he's not my boss, so I mercilessly ridiculed him for that one for about a week.

Comment

Looks like Vettel has tested positive for Covid, so he won't be racing this weekend. Nico Hulkenberg takes his place.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                  After watching that crash LOL at Mazepin

Nikita Mazepin says he doesn’t trust Haas to provide him with a safe car and so would not drive for the team again in future, despite considering legal action over his contract termination.

Haas opted to end its deals with title sponsor Uralkali and Mazepin at the weekend in response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine that has led to severe global sanctions being placed on Vladimir Putin’s regime. While Mazepin says he will redeploy the Uralkali backing he receives to a new foundation called ‘We Compete As One’ for athletes hampered by political developments, he says he still has his eyes set on a Formula 1 return — but would not do so with Haas.

“I absolutely do not see F1 as a closed chapter for me,” Mazepin said. “I’m going to stay in race condition and I will be ready to take on an opportunity if it comes, and at the moment I’m only sighting F1 and no other categories.

“It’s good to keep all (legal) options available, but I definitely don’t want to go back to a place which doesn’t want me. And, as you know, F1 is a dangerous sport and you have to rely on and believe in the team you’re working with, it’s a question of safety, and I think it is fair to say I do not have that trust in them.”

Although Mazepin insists he had “unconditionally” agreed to race as a neutral in order to keep his seat, he admitted he hadn’t decided if he could sign the required FIA commitment to do so.

“The night before my contract had been terminated there was an additional letter that had been made and by the time we were processing that letter and looking at options — because there were a lot of clauses in it — the next morning I received a termination in my contract. So there was no time to even say yes to it.

“There has been two stages in the decision of allowing Russian athletes to compete. Firstly when there was an online voting held by the FIA where everybody has had a say, where they have ruled that drivers can compete from those countries if they are neutral. This I am ready to agree with, and I was ready to consider myself neutral, and compete.

“Then if we go to the second time when they have added an additional letter which I had to have it signed, I did not even start looking at it because my contract has been terminated.”

Mazepin and his oligarch billionaire dad really showed themselves on Drive to Survive this season. [emoji15] Yep, I am super confident that HAAS is glad they are out!! I had zero idea the kid was acting like that behind the scenes......and his dad was just as [emoji107] bad.

Comment

Originally posted by F1addict View Post
                    Looks like Vettel has tested positive for Covid, so he won't be racing this weekend. Nico Hulkenberg takes his place.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...ErL3MfFRz.html
                    Oh wow....had not seen that. Nico is not washed up and definitely looking for an opportunity to get back in.

Comment

Mazepin and his oligarch billionaire dad really showed themselves on Drive to Survive this season. [emoji15] Yep, I am super confident that HAAS is glad they are out!! I had zero idea the kid was acting like that behind the scenes......and his dad was just as [emoji107] bad.

Agree 100% I watched episode 4 last night, and it was quite eye opening how Nakita acted with the team. He was SO insistent that he didn't have the same car as Mick.

Glad he and his dad are out of the team.

Comment

Oh wow....had not seen that. Nico is not washed up and definitely looking for an opportunity to get back in.

Gonna be great watching Magnussen and Nico scrap again. They had a pretty serious rivalry when Nico was at….was it Renault? I just remeber the post race interviews with them going at one another. I’m very happy to see HAAS looking stronger and Mag is a solid addition, good proves driver with a good attitude. He should push Mick to improve as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                          They are saying it could also be Colton Herta to get some experience before Andretti starts their F1 team in 2024, HAAS would love an American driver.
                          Well Herta just got a McLaren development deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                            Gonna be great watching Magnussen and Nico scrap again. They had a pretty serious rivalry when Nico was at….was it Renault? I just remeber the post race interviews with them going at one another. I’m very happy to see HAAS looking stronger and Mag is a solid addition, good proves driver with a good attitude. He should push Mick to improve as well.
                            Yes[emoji106]. Renault versus Haas was intense for those 4th place constructors points. Can't believe nobody died.

Comment

Great to see the cars on track again. The Ferraris definitely have good pace. Gasly sets the fastest time of the morning.

And, of course, Mercedes was definitely sandbagging during testing.

Last edited by F1addict; 03-18-2022, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Verstappen quickest in FP2. Free Practice 2 is more representative of actual performance -- they do Qualifying simulation runs as well as Race simulation runs.

The Ferraris are still very quick.

Ricciardo had to retire his car due to a fluid leak.

Comment

Working...
                                X