Cash car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
    By the time you pay for the car and insurance, the numbers rarely work unless you commute.
    45 miles to work

Comment

Originally posted by WildMatt84 View Post
      45 miles to work
      Each way?

Comment

45 miles to work
        Same for me. 45 miles each way not counting any running around I have to do during the day. My F150 has the big tank and now it's over $120 everytime I fill up about every 4 days. Looks like I'm going to be driving my daughter's little car more often. It takes premium but gets 35mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
          Each way?
          Yup. Now granted I only do it once every 6 days. But it’s enough for me

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
            For sure.... I worked at a Motorcycle dealer in 08' and It cracked me up how many people bought bikes "to save money" but then financed them, got service contracts, insurance, etc.... And then wanted to sell them back a few years later with 500 miles on them. Or wrecked them.
            I would drive 90 miles round trip 5 days a week for College. The Powerstroke I had was making me more broke than I already was. Looked at getting a cheaper street bike. Sounded like a great idea, but the numbers didn't make sense. Luckily my mom got a new car and she slid me her Accord for a commuter.

Comment

Yup. Now granted I only do it once every 6 days. But it’s enough for me
              I would like doing that every day compared to the 80 miles one way M-F I do now. Filled up today and it was $90 !!!! I have to fill up about 3 times a week.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                I have a 2008 Tacoma trd 4x4 crew cab I probably going to sell. How much you looking to spend?

How many miles on your tacoma?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                  By the time you pay for the car and insurance, the numbers rarely work unless you commute.
                  Used to work for me when I drove 50 miles each way to work.
                  Biggest payoff is not racking up tons of miles on the expensive vehicles.

Comment

45 miles to work
                    Probably will then. I'm about 18 one way. I've figured it several times and was breakeven at best for me. 90 miles a day would be different deal and very likely worth it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I drive 46 miles one way to work 5 days a week. In a company truck with a gas card

Comment

We were discussing our vehicle choices and fuel economy…luckily we don’t drive much! It is 3 miles to work for me, 3 miles to work for my wife and under a mile to school for my son so we will be fine.

15 mpg Wife’s expedition eco boost
                        14 mpg My truck F150 eco boost
                        11 mpg sons truck F150 5.0
                        9 mpg CJ7 jeep
                        3mpg boat

Comment

45 miles to work
                          That’s better than my 90 miles one way, 5 days a week…

Comment

I bought a 2007 Camry hybrid with my stimmy, before things got too stupid.

I also sold a 2004 Lancer today to a guy like you who was looking for a cash car for a HS kid.

Comment

The engine went out in my 2015 Kia and is being replaced under warranty. We replaced the car with a Honda Accord and planned to get rid of the Kia. Now, with gas prices so high, I plan to drive my truck only when I actually need a truck and will drive the Kia for everyday errands, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                I drive 46 miles one way to work 5 days a week. In a company truck with a gas card
                                I walk 23ft from my bed to the computer, and I don't even have to put on pants.

Comment

Working...
                                X