Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petition to Kill Rifle Seasons in Grayson, Collin, Dallas and Rockwall - Please Sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tradman View Post
    You need to take that issue up with state, not these 4 counties. The deer aren’t property of the county, they belong to the state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah. That’s who they are taking it up with. Texas Parks and Wildlife is state not county.

Comment

Originally posted by tradman View Post
      You need to take that issue up with state, not these 4 counties. The deer aren’t property of the county, they belong to the state.

That would be correct, doesn't look like M16 likes getting some truth dropped on him here

Comment

Originally posted by SuperExotics View Post
        I also don’t think someone who plead guilty to Lacy Act violations should even be able to petition for wildlife regulatory changes but I guess that’s just me.
        Who are you referring to here?

Comment

Originally posted by Milkfisher View Post
          Who are you referring to here?
          One of the deer breeders with the 2200 acre high fence ranch that wants the rules changed

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
            No kidding This I don't have FB or I don't do FB excuse don't work here...

The excuse works fine for me. I stay far away from fake book and last time I checked that's ok in America. Why do others have to judge, if I dont want to be zuckbergs butt buddy that's my choice. If I don't want to support the platform whose founder pumped more than 300000 big ones into the election that pretty much screwed everyone, well last time I checked we still have the choice

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
              That would be correct, doesn't look like M16 likes getting some truth dropped on him here
              Exactly what truth got dropped on me?

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                Don't confuse the right to keep and bear arms with the privilege of hunting. If hunting was a right there would be no seasons.

Actually hunting and fishing are both constitutional rights in the state of Texas.

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                  Yeah. That’s who they are taking it up with. Texas Parks and Wildlife is state not county.

And after a quick internet search I realize my ignorance on the county/state relationship. I had always been under the impression that counties had a say in their own “weapon of take”. I spoke out of ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                    Isn’t TPWD the state? Aren’t they the ones holding the hearing and who set the rules?

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                      Actually hunting and fishing are both constitutional rights in the state of Texas.

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

But that Texas Constitution amendment is a meaningless feel good statement.

Comment

I'm here for someone to spill the beans on their honey hole.

Comment

Exactly what truth got dropped on me?
                          None.

In political arguments it is sometimes difficult for some people (due to emotions) to distinguish facts from opinions.

They can both be equally valid points but a person should be able to distinguish the difference.

Comment

It sounds like maybe those counties can’t really sustain a viable Whitetail population. Maybe they just need to end deer hunting completely in those counties.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                              I still can’t believe some of the responses on this from aBow Hunting Site unbelievable!!
                              If you as a bow hunter can’t see the good of having 4 counties in Texas bow only. God help you! 4 out of 254 counties
                              It’s the low kill percentage of bow hunting that has built the quality of deer in these counties. Like someone else said I wish TPW would expand it to a few more!
                              I suspect the stance of most that aren’t supporting it with great ferver only has to do with a belief that everyone should have the right to hunt by legal means. Just because we’re bowhunters doesn’t mean we have to limit folks with firearms does it? I also don’t think al bowhunters are trophy hunters. Some of just enjoy taking a solid mature deer for the area amd that can change over seasons. Yes, God help us…not to judge others or limit their rights to enjoy the great outdoors. Best of luck in the upcoming season to al. It obviously can’t get here quick enough.

Comment

Let me get this straight. So if a person owns property in these counties. And doesn't want to bow hunt for deer. Then they can't deer hunt their own property.

Whatever happened to people defending private property rights?

If it wasn't for restrictions on private property rights the white tailed deer would have been shot to extinction long before any of us got to hunt them.

Comment

Working...
                                X