Cover For Cattle Panel Blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cover For Cattle Panel Blind?

I built this cattle panel blind this year. I was proud of it even though it does have some flaws. But the tarp was a bad idea. The sun has already worn it out. What would be better to cover it with besides tarp?
    Attached Files

Check with ABCDJ, he used hay rings and covered them with choloroplast signs, then painted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A lot of people use carpet

Comment

Originally posted by pure lefty View Post
        Check with ABCDJ, he used hay rings and covered them with choloroplast signs, then painted.

After 100mph winds came thru and destroyed the three I just put out. it is time for something else!

I have been think about buying a roll of old astro turf. It's 7.5 x 50ft or so for $150. That would do three of my rings. It is heavier with all the rubber pellets in it. But it is already green!

Comment

If you can find Affordable pond liner material, that works great if its thick enough

Comment

We always have used camo burlap or other similar material. We do this knowing that it will have to be replaced every year however.

Comment

Not to hijack this thread but what kind of entry way do people use for these kinds of blinds? I’ve seen videos of how to build them but never seen how they do the door.

Comment

There’s a place just west of Jacksboro that has huge piles of used turf stacked up outside.

Comment

Home depot sells a rubber backed outdoor carpet in dark brown and grey.. It works great and will last for years.. I use it on my 2 blinds...

Comment

I got a thick roll of plastic. I doubled it up and it seems to last pretty long.

Comment

old skool TBHers used to use these:

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        There’s a place just west of Jacksboro that has huge piles of used turf stacked up outside.

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                        Home depot sells a rubber backed outdoor carpet in dark brown and grey.. It works great and will last for years.. I use it on my 2 blinds...
                        Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
                        I got a thick roll of plastic. I doubled it up and it seems to last pretty long.
                        Do you just poke holes and use the plastic zip ties or wire?

Comment

I used to use the black landscape fabric with some cheap carpet on the outside

Comment

I used to lay the panel flat and use the thickest black poly plastic. The roll I used came from McCoys but you can get it elsewhere. With it folded it was exactly 5 ft tall and plenty long to cover the whole panel, and gave you 2 layers thick. I attached it with the thick heavy zip ties. It allowed it to stretch super tight when then rolling the panel into a circle to form your blind. I then used some of the astro turf carpet from home depot to wrap over the top of the plastic for the final outer layer. That plastic is now 10 years old and still in tact.

For the door I left about a 3.5 foot opening where the 2 ends wrapped around forming the round blind and connected them at the top and bottom with a heavy wire. I then framed the door out in 2x4's and used an old piece of plywood for the door and attached the framed out 2x4's with wire to the opening left by spacing the 2 ends apart at 3 1/2 feet. If you want a lighter door and can find a sheet of coroplast that is eay to use to skin your door out with. By leaving the 3x5 ft opening for the door it allows the interior of your blind to by larger. Of course you can leave a larger door opening and allows the blind to be even larger.

Another option for the door if you have an extra piece of cattle panel just skin it in the same materials of black poly and Astro Turf carpet and wire it across the back opening and allow one side to swing open and closed.
                            Last edited by goldtip5575; 11-16-2021, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Pond liner for the waterproofing and light blocking, and to camouflage it use rolls of gras matting like duck hunters use for their blinds.

Comment

Working...
                              X