Axis blackstrap cooking temp and time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axis blackstrap cooking temp and time?

First axis back straps for me. I’m thinking course salt & pepper, 500 degrees at 4 minutes on each side one flip and I’m done. Other suggestions?

Fried with gravy

Comment

4 minutes, they will look like this...

I was scorned.... they said mine was burnt.

Should have done 2.5-3 minutes.

[emoji41][emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Technically, that was a tenderloin.

Comment

save the gravy for the white tail. Axis doesn't need any coverup sauce!

Comment

I would go with pan seared all the way and omit the oven. Salt and pepper, hot pan then add oil. The oil should glisten and as soon as it starts to smoke a bit add your straps to the pan laying them in away from your body. Turn the heat down to medium and cook approximately 3 min on each side, but this depends on the size of you backstrap steak or tenderloin and what temperature you desire. I wouldn’t recommend cooking past medium. I usually cook tenderloins whole and cut 4-5 ounce steaks from the straps. After you flip the steak from first side cook for a minute or two then add a 2 tbsp pat of whole room temp butter, a few sprigs of thyme, and a smashed whole clove of garlic. Turn the heat up to med high. As the butter browns the thyme will pop and bloom. Baste the steaks with the brown butter for the last min or so. Remove the steaks to a wire rack and pour the hot butter over the steaks. Let rest 5-10 minutes so the juices will redistribute and the muscles will relax. Slice thinly against the grain and enjoy.

Comment

High temp, short time. Are the staps whole or sliced?
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Smoke at 160° until internal temp hits 120°, then sear on a cast iron with garlic butter 2 min each side. [emoji1786]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X