Wind Turbine Farm - Fannin Co Landowners / Residents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wind Turbine Farm - Fannin Co Landowners / Residents

Just a heads up for any Fannin Co residents.

Cielo Wind is trying to sneak in a major wind farm in Fannin Co between Dodd City and Honey Grove. The area would encompass ~80,000 acres and span 15-16 miles east to west.

The area is right between the two new lakes that were promising to bring life back into the area.

My property sits literally across the street from the southern-most turbines and the spot I plan to build a house on is a high point in the area which will now just look at 800 ft wind turbines.

If you are a resident or own property in Fannin, a friend of mine has put together a petition and a website and is working with landowners and officials to stop it.

Petition:
    We stand AGAINST these projects for many reasons. Our goal is to stop this type development as unsuitable for our community.

I will post up the opposition website when its online in a few days.

In the image below, that is Dodd City on the left and Honey Grove on the right.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kevin; 05-05-2022, 10:13 PM.

Hard to stop this scam wind energy with all the democrats in power. And Abbott seems to think anyone that says “job” is the best thing for texas regardless of side effect. Sorry for you folks in the wake of this. I hope it get s shut down.

Comment

Wow didn’t know the wind blew in that area enough to make it profitable gov must be paying some big bills incentives.
      Never thought they would come into east Tex

Comment

The owner of Cielo wind bought the property next to ours. Built some wind turbines on his, us & other neighbors.. just had a big solar project done on his place as well. You won’t see really any affect on wildlife.. at least in my case I haven’t. It is an eye soar though. If you wanna know better details pm me lol

Comment

Originally posted by Laner7 View Post
          The owner of Cielo wind bought the property next to ours. Built some wind turbines on his, us & other neighbors.. just had a big solar project done on his place as well. You won’t see really any affect on wildlife.. at least in my case I haven’t. It is an eye soar though. If you wanna know better details pm me lol
          Yeah Im not concerned with the deer and hog populations, but I bought the place because of the awesome view and lack of buildings/people. I've heard it can impact migratory birds.

The only reason this stuff is profitable is because the people of the United States are paying for it with subsidies and tax incentives.

Comment

I heard about that yesterday, dang shame..

Comment

Originally posted by Laner7 View Post
              Well, when you see him go tell him I have a place he can put his 800 ft wind turbine.

Comment

It’s not much better but a solar farm just leased the largest native hay meadow in the state of 3600 acres to destroy right down the road as well. This area is going to crap quick,,

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
                  It’s not much better but a solar farm just leased the largest native hay meadow in the state of 3600 acres to destroy right down the road as well. This area is going to crap quick,,

Ugh!

Comment

Williams ranch
                    Man those solar farms are ugly

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                      Yeah Im not concerned with the deer and hog populations, but I bought the place because of the awesome view and lack of buildings/people. I've heard it can impact migratory birds.

The only reason this stuff is profitable is because the people of the United States are paying for it with subsidies and tax incentives.
                      And you would be correct, sir...
                      And the dirty little secret is.. A wind turbine, doesn't even produce
                      enough energy, as it cost to make it..
                      Follow the money....It's a scam folks..

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                        Wow didn’t know the wind blew in that area enough to make it profitable gov must be paying some big bills incentives.
                        Never thought they would come into east Tex
                        This project wont ever make a profit

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post

To foreign entities. What a crock. I hate to see this happening

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
                            Don't just blame the solar panel folks. Who is the gasbag that took the short term gain of $$$ from leasing the land over the long term gain of the health of the ecosystem.

I get capitalism is great. But this corporate welfare capitalism has to stop. This is why mule deer, bison, sage grouse and turkeys, among many other species, exist in a fraction of their native habitat.

Comment

They are wanting to put in 72 windmills in a 16 mile stretch. That density doesn't make any sense and they wont be generating in the middle of the summer as there is no wind there.
                              Check out the other solar project that is already happening in southeastern lamar, franklin and red river counties. It is going to be the largest solar farm in the United States.
                              First the two lakes and now this. Things have changed quickly in the last few years

The Samson Solar Energy Center will be the largest solar energy generation facility in the United States. Under construction in Northeast Texas, the project will support a record number of corporate and municipality energy goals to power daily life at a new scale.

Comment

Working...
                              X