Best 10/22 clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best 10/22 clone

did a quick video on the T/CR22 . I have no idea why this rifle never got popular .. to me it's by far the best bang for the buck you can get for a decent 10/22 ... paid $299 for mine a little after they came out and never regretted it. Why they are not more popular I have no idea ... i saw the at the NRA show years ago and had to get one .
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sqlR6bP9fs&ab_channel=standbackitsgonnabl o"]T/C R22 Ruger 10/22 clone better than the original! - YouTube[/ame]

Is it modular like the 10/22? Barrel, trigger group, bolt, action? If not then there's your reason. Plus the cost. Up until a couple years ago 10/22s could be had over the counter for$150

Comment

I just looked up the website. The MSRP is now $399. Factory threaded barrell. Nice custom stock. Built in picatinny rail-what’s not to like?
      Anybody here have one?
      Last edited by Witchgrass; 04-24-2022, 07:32 PM.

Comment

I'm not a 10/22 fan but I'd have to buy the real deal and not a knock-off. Maybe others feel the same way and that's why they didn't get more popular.

Comment

My boys and I love the takedown version. Shoots everything I’ve run through it. It loves the CCI Stingers we use for rabbits, squirrels, snakes and random varmints. It’s easy to pack up and throw in the truck or Mule. Great little .22s imo w/ lots of easy upgrade options. I’ve done something similar to the link below.

Comment

I have seen some of the YouTube videos of them and they seem to be pretty impressive. As mentioned, it’s hard to argue with the 10/22 as far as versatility.

Comment

Dang videos won’t ever show up for me anymore on here.

However, I’m gonna throw tactical solutions X ring and volquartsen in the hat for “best clone”

Didn’t T/C go out of business? Might be wrong on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                Is it modular like the 10/22? Barrel, trigger group, bolt, action? If not then there's your reason. Plus the cost. Up until a couple years ago 10/22s could be had over the counter for$150
                everything can interchange , and 10/22 aftermarket barrels would also fit.

as far as finding a new 10/22 a couple of years ago ??? dream on! 15 years ago maybe ... find me a for sale add for less than $250 dated 2020... you won't find one.

I've had many 10/22's over the years including a full auto norrell, and again , for the price , this tc is the best quality and features FOR THE PRICE!

it's the only 10/22 i've ever owned that I didn't have to buy anything to swap out to make it better. it has everything most people want including extended mag release , great trigger, picatinny mount , fiber optic sights and a quality barrel that shoots great! i even like the magpul stock and with the flat handguard , it really plays well on sandbags too.

and then .. there's full auto...[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eff2uz924BM&ab_channel=standbackitsgonnabl o"]playing at da land with the full auto Norrell 10/22 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  Dang videos won’t ever show up for me anymore on here.

However, I’m gonna throw tactical solutions X ring and volquartsen in the hat for “best clone”

Didn’t T/C go out of business? Might be wrong on that.
                  tacsol are $1200 , volquartsen are $1800 ... i paid $299 for the tc .

for the price it's hard to beat!

but it looks like S&W bought them and decided to divest them last may.
                  Sad!

Comment

I may be thinking of another rifle, but weren't there a lot of people having reliability issues with those TCs when they first came out? If not, they look like a solid rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                      tacsol are $1200 , volquartsen are $1800 ... i paid $299 for the tc .

for the price it's hard to beat!

but it looks like S&W bought them and decided to divest them last may.
                      Sad!
                      Oh I agree big time on price. But you said best

I was fairly shocked TC went away. Their pro hunters were slick.

FYI you can find tacsol rifles much cheaper. I have 2 I paid $600 each for. One was purchased brand new. Super nice rifles. Check out the VQ summit as well.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        Oh I agree big time on price. But you said best

I was fairly shocked TC went away. Their pro hunters were slick.

FYI you can find tacsol rifles much cheaper. I have 2 I paid $600 each for. One was purchased brand new. Super nice rifles. Check out the VQ summit as well.
                        if you watched the video i said best "budget" ... when i bought mine it was $299 and that's a lot of value for what you get ....

I'm truly said about TC ...

Comment

Truthfully i never figured out the hype of the 10/22.. Magazines imo are the crappiest part about them. I sure wish they would have made a 10/22 with a tube on it. Then you would have something. I know you cant really suppress a tube fed gun but dang i hate 10/22 mags.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                            I may be thinking of another rifle, but weren't there a lot of people having reliability issues with those TCs when they first came out? If not, they look like a solid rifle.
                            i've never cleaned mine and shoot it 99.99% suppressed so lots blows back into the action.. most of what i used is winchester subsonic HP .. the stuff made in australia but i'm saving what i have left for better use than youtube videos ..

i bought that cci stuff at my local feed store a few months ago for $40 a brick .. so i'm gonna use it ... it's not great ... less than impressed out of my bergara b14 ... so it's plinking ammo...

if i cleaned the gun it may run a little better ... i'm kinda like shoot it till it don't work kind of guy...

i'd say it's every bit as reliable as any other 10/22's i've ever owned except for the norrell full auto ... you can mag dump a full 25rd mag in a little over a second , and i've burned bricks as quick as you can load the mags with a butler creek mag loader ... it would usually crap out after a brick of ammo ... sooner than that shooting suppressed ... sometimes i think i should have kept it ... then i look at the price of ammo now and realize i made the right decision ..

my wife agrees ... she had her fun with it but after a while loading mags gets old.... she liked it when i loaded mags for her , once i showed her how and made her do it herself , she got tired of it quick ...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxWZFc_dAw&ab_channel=standbackitsgonnabl o"]My Wife shooting Norrel 10/22 full auto - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Never been a big 10/22 fan, but I’m loving this little guy. It can count as a clone even though there’s not really a bit of it that’s actual 10/22 besides the BX trigger pack.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X