Internet/Wifi Gurus??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet/Wifi Gurus??

I am wanting to get wifito my trophyroom/shop set up for a couple smart TVs. Consolidated communications upgraded our home today with fiber. I am jumping from 20m to 1gig of speed. He put a NID in my attic, can I run cat 5/6 directly from that NID down and out and underground to the trophyroom and just plug in an access point out there? Or do I have to come directly out of the home router and out there?

The run is probably 100' or so. Would a mesh system work just fine and not have to run wire?

Madhatter should be along shortly. Its what he does.

Comment

Internet/Wifi Gurus??

In for the answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

in as well, I almost posted similar question.

Comment

Can't answer your question directly, but I got the Eero mesh system due to weak wifi signal in our playroom and it made a world of difference.

Comment

I think if you have windows facing each other the mesh system should work. set the pucks in the window seal.

Comment

Runs come out of the router/switch. Mesh work great just more $ and not as dependable.
              Last edited by BuckRage; 01-04-2022, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                I think if you have windows facing each other the mesh system should work. set the pucks in the window seal.
                Ive looked at several, is there a particular mesh system you like?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                  Ive looked at several, is there a particular mesh system you like?
                  Mesh will work fine if you can establish a line of site between the pucks, and it's only 100ft. I've used them all, and for what you're wanting, there ain't a lick of difference in any of them you would notice.
                  The Deco 2 puck, or 3 puck would be my suggestion.
                  Don't buy them refurbished off Amazon.
                  Hardline from the NID or router will work.
                  Last edited by MadHatter; 01-04-2022, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                    Mesh will work fine if you can establish a line of site between the pucks, and it's only 100ft. I've used them all, and for what you're wanting, there ain't a lick of difference in any of them you would notice.
                    The Deco 2 puck, or 3 puck would be my suggestion.
                    Don't buy them refurbished off Amazon.

Would you think the hard wire is worth the extra effort. When I looked at mesh systems, I was leaning hard on the Deco and seen the terrible reviews renewed version. I noticed there are a few levels though. Deco S4, X20, X60, X90. Which do you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                      Would you think the hard wire is worth the extra effort. When I looked at mesh systems, I was leaning hard on the Deco and seen the terrible reviews renewed version. I noticed there are a few levels though. Deco S4, X20, X60, X90. Which do you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Really depends on what you want to do.
                      Surf the web, watch YouTube, etc..
                      The Deco M5 should be fine, I would probably go with the x20.
                      I have over 300 Deco systems deployed, and rarely have issues with any of them.
                      Large areas, dozens of devices, dedicated bandwidth allocation etc..is when you want the 60s & 90s.

Hardwire is always worth it.
                      Run a couple extras as well.

Comment

Mad

Do the latest "to the home" NIDs have more than one drop? Ours do but they are not the same as what is available from the providers.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
                          Mad

Do the latest "to the home" NIDs have more than one drop? Ours do but they are not the same as what is available from the providers.
                          No not in that regard.

Comment

wireless mesh system

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                              No not in that regard.
                              So in that case he would have to run his hard wire connections to the router.

Comment

Working...
                              X