Glasses help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glasses help

Prescription glasses for bowhunting. I need a progressive lens frame for work and hunting with a bow. Thinking Oakley, etc. Maybe transition lenses in them also. Thanks for any suggestions.

Following along.......

Comment

I have scrip sunglasses. Oakley has great lenses.

Comment

It may affect your anchor point. Wish I would've gone the contact lenses route. Still trying to adjust. I'm having to anchor on my cheek rather than the tip of my nose so that I can look out the front of my lenses rather than the side (blurry). Maybe its just personal preference...

Comment

As of now, I'm hunting/fishing with some Costa Brine Rx Lenses (amber colored). Great lenses but, again, I'd rather have saved the $420 and got contacts and the same non-Rx lenses.

Comment

One of the few things good about getting older is the need for cataract surgery. I had my left (non-dominant) eye operated on a couple of years ago and had the doctor use the toric lens. I'll be 61 in a couple of weeks, and this is the first time in my life that I have 20/20 uncorrected vision - unfortunately, in just one eye. I wear a single contact lens in my right eye that also gives me 20/20 vision. I found it really helps if you can find an opthamologist or optician who is a hunter and/or shooter. I can hardly wait for the cataract in my right eye to mature so I can have another toric lens put into that eye.

Good luck,

Dave

Comment

If you have a strong prescription like I do you will be somewhat limited on frame choices. I can't wear any wrap around style because the severe curve distorts vision. I had these Oakleys made last year - they work great but they were stupid expensive. With progressive lenses, polarized, scratch coat, etc they were about $1,000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by jerp; 04-06-2017, 08:50 AM.

Comment

I have a peep that has my lens built into it. I forget who makes it off the top of my head.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                    I have a peep that has my lens built into it. I forget who makes it off the top of my head.
                    That would be IDEAL!

Comment

Specialty Archery. I don't know if you can have a special prescription made for it. Mine is a simple magnifier like reading glasses.

Comment

Did you know they have bifocal contacts? I have then and love em.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Contacts. They take a little time to get adjusted to wearing them, but they make a huge difference in vision. When I wear my glasses, my depth perception is off especially at night. Contacts are the way to go.

Comment

You don't want Transition for hunting. They will get dark at sunrise and dark till dusk. This limits your clear vision in low light times.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                              You don't want Transition for hunting. They will get dark at sunrise and dark till dusk. This limits your clear vision in low light times.
                              I think that is true. I originally said I had transition lenses - I meant progressive lenses

Comment

Working...
                              X