Best battery powered chainsaw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best battery powered chainsaw?

I've been asked for advice on which battery powered chainsaw to buy and I don't know much about them. It would be used for light work when you don't want to fire up the gasser. What brands do you like?

I have a Green Works and I’ve been satisfied with it, and pleasantly surprised at what it will do. I’m sure Stihl is a good brand also but I’ve never had any experience with them. I have a Green Works pole saw also and I’m equally impressed.

Comment

Check them out on Project Farm! Milwaukee is supposed to be the best and the $800 Stihl the worst.

Comment

I have a stihl for work and it has cut many trees. The battery life is not great and batteries are expensive but it works good.

Comment

I have had a greenworks for 3 years and it does a solid job. I mainly just use it for trimming roads and shooting lanes.

Comment

I have a Greenworks as well, does everything I need it to do. Great for chunkin up wood for the smoker and pit.

Comment

Milwaukee just because i have a ton of tools already and their batteries work across a ton of there tools.

I would think if you are needing any other cordless tool upgrades. Something like what Milwaukee or dewalt has done is a no brainer. Buy a ton of tools and batteries can be interchanged over a ton of applications.

Comment

I have been wanting to ask similar question !

What size inverter does it take to run a 16 inch saw ?
                I want a electric saw but don’t trust the battery packs

Comment

Check them out on PROJECT FARM!

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_aBZt8m1XkQ"]Best Chainsaw Brand (ROUND 1 of 2)? Milwaukee vs DeWalt, Makita, Ryobi & WORX - YouTube[/ame]
                  Last edited by Bucknaked; 06-07-2022, 11:43 AM.

Comment

I have a 60 volt DeWalt with a 16” bar, love it. Works like a beast and battery life is great.

Comment

I can recommend the 60v DeWalt from what little I've used of it so far...

Comment

My EGo is a good one

Comment

John....I know you said chainsaw but a couple of us suggested a greenworks 40V pole saw for light work around the house in this thread below......its a 5' unit total and sure saves the back. Plus you also get the benefit of the extension to 8' for use on trees. I use it around the house and at my deer lease like a landscaping samurai! . I cut a bunch of stuff in the 4-5" range last trip and got it done with it. Just a suggestion. I think they make a 10" blade in addition to the standard 8' blade. Not sure how big of stuff you want to cut but if it gets much bigger that 4-5" , I'm bringing out the gas Stihl unit anyway.

Comment

There is none.

Comment

Tesla Model C

Comment

Working...
                              X