Oil companies have no fear it seems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
    BINGO and then when there is the slightest blip on the radar screen such as a simple property tax increase, which will never be avoided, its game over and FOR SALE signs go up... I can honestly see why divorce rates are so high these days... Financial stress is a marriage killer..
    People are fighting over homes the day they hit the market down here and some are paying WAAAY over asking price and actual appraisal values, even though they are advised that is not a wise business move.. Its absolutely insane. When the correction happens, and it will, many will be upside down... THEY DO NOT CARE..
    That’s buy time lol. Too bad ranch values won’t crash with them haha

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
      You have been in the refining business so long you probably pee black oil.

Some folks just don’t get it. They will argue with a **** mirror.

Our ten refineries are operating at 104% as of Friday. Anyone that thinks refineries are slow rolling are crazy. The hilarious part is when I told folks to buy refining stock during covid just ignored me. I bought 10,000 more shares in the 20’s. It is now $105.62. Yep, even an old coonie saw this coming

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post

Our ten refineries are operating at 104% as of Friday. Anyone that thinks refineries are slow rolling are crazy. The hilarious part is when I told folks to buy refining stock during covid just ignored me. I bought 10,000 more shares in the 20’s. It is now $105.62. Yep, even an old coonie saw this coming
        Certainly not arguing with you but help educate me. How do you operate at over 100%?

Comment

We are living in a recession right now, they have not reported it yet. Wait for q2 gdp negative results. Next will be depression. You can think the democrats.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
            Certainly not arguing with you but help educate me. How do you operate at over 100%?

Good question M16.

Let’s say a refinery crude unit has a design capacity of 100K bpd. In times like these, they will push the limits and run 110K bpd. Just have to be on top of your game and optimize process chemicals and operating parameters to shove more through than the system was designed for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post

Good question M16.

Let’s say a refinery crude unit has a design capacity of 100K bpd. In times like these, they will push the limits and run say 110K bpd for example. Just have to be on top of your game and optimize process chemicals and operating parameters to shove more through than the system was designed for.

Comment

:
                Last edited by SM69; 06-05-2022, 03:11 PM.

Comment

/
                  Last edited by SM69; 06-05-2022, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                    That’s buy time lol. Too bad ranch values won’t crash with them haha
                    Yea raw land is a different animal.. If only I knew 20 years ago what I know now!!!!! Man O Man!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                      Yea raw land is a different animal.. If only I knew 20 years ago what I know now!!!!! Man O Man!!!!
                      For sure. Sure makes holding on to places tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post

You did well on the stock, congratulations. Hopefully it will get you closer to getting to east tx with the rest of us old “poor” refinery workers.

Comment

Originally posted by SM69 View Post
                          Good question M16.

Let’s say a refinery crude unit has a design capacity of 100K bpd. In times like these, they will push the limits and run say 110K bpd for example. Just have to be on top of your game and optimize process chemicals and operating parameters to shove more through than the system was designed for.

Thanks for the explanation!

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                            $250,000 a year is almost a gross of $21,000 a month. If you can’t but a house and establish a family on that right now then you’re doing it wrong. My guess is that 80%(Probably higher) of the members on this site don’t have a household income of $250K a year.

The numbers say 250K/annual puts you in about the top 7%.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                              Understand what you’re saying, but let’s take 20% of that for 401k, then take taxes from that amount (higher tax bracket, too), then take insurance….the net amount is much less lucrative than you originally think.

Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                                Yet Biden released info today claiming more people have returned to work and more people are contributing to savings under his admin than ever before….

This is an example of the tail wagging the dog. Never mind that many retailers are closed during usual business hours or that restaurants are quoting enormous wait times even though 25% of their tables are empty. When what you’re seeing doesn’t agree with what you’re being told you’re expected to discount the veracity of your eyesight. Absolutely crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X