X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way more than I can count........

-john

Comment

40 grain subsonic and a can ear hole... i would not use cci quiet. if you hit them right you'll know right away they just drop straight down ...

Comment

This one took a few .22s to the face and barely flinched. Took a minute to get it in the right position so that I could shoot it behind the ear and it went down. Its all about shot placement, I recovered the skull later and the initial rounds barely chipped the bone.
        Attached Files

Comment

The front of the skull is hard,.22s and larger calibers can skip off. Go for the ear hole or between the ear and eye from the side.

Comment

Originally posted by txchuck View Post
            The front of the skull is hard,.22s and larger calibers can skip off. Go for the ear hole or between the ear and eye from the side.
            Old wives tale.

Comment

Killed tons of them with one shot from a 22. Either shot them in the forehead while they are eating or in the ear hole. Died right there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Right behind the ear.....drops em every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  Old wives tale.
                  Definitely not an old wives tale. Ive seen it happen to many times.
                  I've killed plenty with a 22 because I had to but, never purposely carried a 22 to hunt hogs.
                  Heck if you want to kill em with something just to say you did it, I suggest a big rock. Now that would be a camp fire story. Hah!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowdog View Post
                    Definitely not an old wives tale. Ive seen it happen to many times.
                    Of course you have.

Comment

Of course you have.

So tell me were it is listed in the book of Old wives tales so I can look it up. Do they sell that book even or is it your own personal copy? lol

Comment

i've shot 4 of them in a trap with 147gr 9mm from an hk tactical and a can , smak smak smak smak ... all 4 down... walked back to camp to get the kubota , when i came back one of them was back up as if nothing happened .... so it's not just 22 .... sometimes bullets do funny things ...

Comment

Originally posted by Bowdog View Post
                          So tell me were it is listed in the book of Old wives tales so I can look it up. Do they sell that book even or is it your own personal copy? lol
                          I have an old wife. She told me.she

Comment

Killed 120 pound hog with my Benjamin pellet gun (22 cal). He was facing me and I shot right in the eye and he dropped right in his tracks.

Comment

I have an old wife. She told me.she
                              Hah. Thats good enough for me. Im not going to argue with her. I spend to much time loosing arguments with mine. Tell her I said you win brother. Please!

Comment

Old wives tale.
                                My FIL has video of a 300blk sub skipping off a pigs forehead.

Comment

Working...
                                X