As good as new.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As good as new.

Primal Tech master bowyer Randy Madden did me a kind turn.
    I had a suspicious couple of spots on a Tall Tines riser. I blew out the lower limb on it so it had no purpose but I couldn't let it go. I bought another a lot like it, limbs and all, from Tim King but still, I kept it.
    Showed it to Randy and after a quick inspection he believed it was not as bad as I'd feared and he could fix it up.
    So he did. It looks great. Now just to locate some limbs.Click image for larger version

Name:	20220326_153550.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	25279110Click image for larger version

Name:	20220326_153539.jpg
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	25279111Click image for larger version

Name:	20220326_153528.jpg
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	25279112

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

That’s a beaut..

Comment

Nice. Glad ya kept it

Comment

Very nice looking riser, and great story about it.

Comment

It looks like Randy managed to hide the repairs well. Have you tested the repair with your other set of limbs? It might be a good idea to do so before spending money on limbs. I had a Wes Wallace that was turning loose at a glue line so I drilled it, glued and screwed it, then refinished the whole riser. Even with as much glue as I put into that riser, the crack opens up about a thousandth of an inch when the bow is strung. I use it occasionally, but it gives me pause. That bow will be burned before it is sold.

I could have helped you a couple of years ago. I've owned several Tall Tines over the years. I even had some extra sets of limbs. Good bows.

Remind me what weight you are looking for. Does it matter if they are fancy or plain?

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
            It looks like Randy managed to hide the repairs well. Have you tested the repair with your other set of limbs? It might be a good idea to do so before spending money on limbs. I had a Wes Wallace that was turning loose at a glue line so I drilled it, glued and screwed it, then refinished the whole riser. Even with as much glue as I put into that riser, the crack opens up about a thousandth of an inch when the bow is strung. I use it occasionally, but it gives me pause. That bow will be burned before it is sold.

I could have helped you a couple of years ago. I've owned several Tall Tines over the years. I even had some extra sets of limbs. Good bows.

Remind me what weight you are looking for. Does it matter if they are fancy or plain?
            I've been shooting the limbs I have on it. Only a few shots so far.
            I'm looking at getting some to around 40lbs. I can get them reduced a few pounds so up to 45@28 will work.
            Honestly the slight separations it had weren't anything to my eyes until pointed out to me. Then wasn't sure if they were scratches or . . .

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X