Correa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WillowCity2506 View Post
    Good for him, must have really wanted out of Houston. As much as I enjoyed having him on the Stros, I believe he is replaceable. .279 with 26 HR isn't worth the 30+ million a year.

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Great ball player, but he always seemed like a “me” guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree on both, seemed like there was always an issue when it came to Correa. Will it be easy to replace him? Probably not but I think his time was up in Houston and I’m ok with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I hate to see him leave but I don't blame him for capitalizing on the opportunity. Congratulations to him and his family for monetizing a God given skill to the max!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Correa was clutch when they needed him to be. But he’s never had an MVP type year, maybe he will at some point. He’s only played over 110 games twice in his career, so he was very injury prone. Yes, I’m surprised the Astros didn’t offer him what the Twins did.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          There’s no such thing as close enough, for guys like him, hence the player opt out after each year. He’s purely about him and his money.

Hell that is what he works for. Good for him [emoji122]

Comment

Gotta remember that Bregman is naturally a shortstop that learned to play third and Yuli is naturally a 3rd baseman that learned to play first. We have a lot of options as far as finding a replacement for Correa as we can sign the best infielder we can find and make it work for one year and then if we really want to make a splash we go hard after Trea Turner as he’s in the last year of his deal and outside of Fernando Tatis and Mike Trout is arguably one of the most electric players in the game.

Comment

So is baseball off the boycott list? Asking for a friend…[emoji12][emoji1787][emoji23]

Comment

Didn’t the Astros offer him a better deal?

Comment

I think it would be tough to offer Correa a deal with an opt out every year. I read somewhere that this was the major sticking point in getting a deal done.

In the end Correa probably wanted to be the highest paid short stop and this should get him there. He was great in the clutch and the playoffs and us Astros fans will be grateful for that at least.

Comment

Astros offer was 160 over 5

Comment

Sometimes it’s about the money but it’s not always about the money. I would make less to goto a contending team.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                        Why not?

Because I said so [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          So is baseball off the boycott list? Asking for a friend…[emoji12][emoji1787][emoji23]
                          Just wait a few more days, weeks or months............and it will be another pee pee match on here to boycott something.......

Comment

I believe they would finish in the same place in the division with or without Correa. Great ball player but if you wanted to leave and didn't, you just end up being a cancer to the team

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                                Hell that is what he works for. Good for him [emoji122]

I’m not faulting the guy, but I wouldn’t pay him like a cornerstone, when that’s not what he is. A-Rod starter kit.

Comment

Working...
                                X