LVPO Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LVPO Feedback

Looking for a budget scope in the 1-4X range. I believe I have narrowed it down to the Vortex Crossfire II and the Sig Tango MSR. Anyone have any experience or recommend one over the other? All feedback is appreciated.

This will be used mainly for hunting coyotes and pigs in fairly tight cover. Shots over 150 yards would be the exception.

Thanks,
    Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not one of the ones you mentioned, but I’d check out the Leupold freedom 1.5x4 with the pig Plex reticle.

Comment

I have used a Burris RT-6 and am very impressed with the quality of the glass through the power range. I would compare it to Vortex Razor line and should be well above the Crossfire or Tango.

Comment

I used a Primary Arms 1-6x for awhile and enjoyed it-- good illuminated reticle, clear glass, punches above it's price point for sure.

My overall feedback on them is all LVPOs with small obj lens diameters lose light quickly if you're chasing them near sundown.

Comment

I've got a Vortex PST Gen 2 ordered in 1-6x24. 4 power over 150 would be weak IMO. I'm building a short 6.5 Grendel for hog hunting and want to be able to shoot 20-300yds with ease so 1-6 seems to fit my criteria better. Has Illuminated reticle also. If you don't mind spending a little more $$ look into this scope too. Contact Arrowsmith on it and see what one would cost.

Comment

A bit expensive but the leupy VX6 1-6 is fantastic glass...

Comment

I have been running a 1-5 primary arms optic as a T&E. For a 400$ optic I, as well as other who have had an opportunity to shoot it, are very impressed.

Glass is clear, very minimal distortion around edge.

Eye box is good.

Red dot is not day lite bright. The illumination is very crisp. Even at night the edges are super nice and clean.

I’ve probably beat this optic up more than most would and it’s held zero. The FFP is awesome.

We also have a trijicon credo for T&E. Very nice optic. Glass is clear edge to edge. No distortion. Ours is green illumination and i don’t like it. I have no reason why, I guess it just doesn’t draw my eye like red does. They do make red tho.

Honestly though if you pick up the trijicon then 10 minutes later run the primary arms. You wouldn’t be able to tell the difference in the glass.

The primary arms is only lacking in features, as expected for a very reasonably priced optic. The throw lever on the trijicon is great. The primary arms leaves a lot to be desired there. The illumination knob on the primary arms is 0-11, 0 being the only “off” position. The trijicon has “off” between each power of illumination.

These features might not bother people who are not using them for duty applications.

Only thing I haven’t tested yet is the BDC markings. Only shot it out to 100 yards. But, given my experience with it so far I have no doubt it’ll be good to 500

Comment

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the feedback.

Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X