No announcement yet.

Tikka T3 vs Bergara B14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a tikka t3 lite 270 that shoots awesome. I also have a bergara b14 243 when compared the bergara is a much nicer rifle. But the tikka will group better then the bergara in the 2 cartridges (I have) mentioned.

Comment

Have both, both great. Bergara is a 700 footprint like said above so a little easier for accessories etc.

Comment

I’ve got a few tikka t3x and then shoot EVERYTHING in tiny little groups..
        My Bergara ridge in 308 I only found 1 load to shoot sub MOA… the Bergara is currently at APR getting turned into a 6CM.. I’d go tikka no doubt

Comment

I like Bergara

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
            I’ve got a few tikka t3x and then shoot EVERYTHING in tiny little groups..
            My Bergara ridge in 308 I only found 1 load to shoot sub MOA… the Bergara is currently at APR getting turned into a 6CM.. I’d go tikka no doubt
            Exact same experience here.

Comment

I’ve got a ridge and really like it. Thinking about putting it in a timber stock

Comment

My B14 6.5 CM is sub moa out at 850 yds on 10" diameter gongs with my handloads and 143gr ELD-Ms with a cheap Vortex strike eagle 5-25x.
                I've never owned or shot a Tikka but many swear by them. I can swear by a Savage since they are the only gun that I know of that's uglier than a Tikka.
                Love my ol thrown around in the truck bed ugly Savages

Comment

You’ll be happy with either. Both are excellent rifles for the money. I’d lean towards the Bergara mainly for the R700 parts compatibility.

Comment

I have heard talk on other boards about the 7-08 Tikka not grouping. That has not been my experience. I have a 7mm-08 Tikka and it shoots better than I do. I do have mine in a KRG-bravo stock. The t3 comes with a 16.5 dovetail so it is a little different for rings.

Comment

I have a Bergara B-14 HMR and have killed a lot of animals over 500 and a few over 700. Hands down the best rifle I have ever owned. I will say though that I have a good buddy with the Tikka T3 that sat right next to me and did the same exact thing so I don't think you can go wrong with either or. Only thing that made my decision for me was the cost of the Tikka mags are pretty ridiculous.

Both rifles will do exactly what you want it to do and as long as you invest in some good glass. They both will easily be sub 1 MOA.

Comment

Bergara

Comment

My bergara.308 shoots great could ask for it to be improved a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bergara gets my vote.

Comment

I have handled both and my take was the Bergara felt better and more solid in my hands and seemed to be a nicer gun but the Tikka had a smoother action. Both felt great overall but all I am finding either one chambered in in stock anywhere is .308 and 6.5CM so maybe I’ll just buy the first one I run across in 7mm-08.

And I agree with the poster who commented about Savage I have several of them and they all shoot great(and yes they are ugly!)I even found 3 Savages in 7mm-08 today but I am wanting something different for this gun.

Comment

Originally posted by dcnitro View Post
                                Both rifles will do exactly what you want it to do and as long as you invest in some good glass. They both will easily be sub 1 MOA.

This has been my experience as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X