Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bear Grizzly

Are they good bows?

Looking at getting another recurve and want a good quality bow but don’t know if a true custom would be advantageous to me at this skill level.

What is the general consensus of these bows?

Two of my sons have given up the compounds and are shooting bear grizzlies. I am working on making a bear Montana longbow my primary bow. I would say they are pretty darn good... especially for the money

Comment

I don't care for Bear bows because of the really high wrist. However they have a huge following and you can find them very reasonable used. So if you decide it isn't for you it will sell.
      And I agree a true custom bow is something that is hard to know what to get until you know what works for you. Length, grip type and size, etc. But honestly most production bows shoot better than most hunting archers do.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I wonder how many animals have fallen to a Bear Grizzly... They're inexpensive enough to try.

Comment

Originally posted by PigOPs View Post
          I wonder how many animals have fallen to a Bear Grizzly... They're inexpensive enough to try.
          I'd say they are probably the equivalent of the 30-30 lever action. No telling how many deer they've killed. Not fancy but danged effective.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            I'd say they are probably the equivalent of the 30-30 lever action. No telling how many deer they've killed. Not fancy but danged effective.

Good analogy.

I’m really leaning to the Martin Black Mamba

Comment

Had a guy on another forum call Martin bows "plywood bows".
              Curious because although they are laminated they aren't thin wood sections.
              And their performance is known to be superior to other similar bows like the Bear line up.
              I happened onto mine and although it wasn't something I "wanted" opportunity and price was decision maker for me. However after getting it out, putting quite a few arrows down range and getting to know it I like it.
              However limbsavers are a must. At 10gpp it has a twang to it but the limbsavers toned it way down.

Comment

I’ve had a Grizzly for 15 years or so. Needless to say I like mine.

Note* I’m far from an expert with trad gear.

Comment

Had a guy on another forum call Martin bows "plywood bows".
                  Curious because although they are laminated they aren't thin wood sections.
                  And their performance is known to be superior to other similar bows like the Bear line up.
                  I happened onto mine and although it wasn't something I "wanted" opportunity and price was decision maker for me. However after getting it out, putting quite a few arrows down range and getting to know it I like it.
                  However limbsavers are a must. At 10gpp it has a twang to it but the limbsavers toned it way down.

Is it supposed to be some type of “ speed “ recurve? I noticed the brace height is shorter factory spec.

I was planning on shooting a tad heavier but still around that 10 1/2 gpp weight

Comment

They have a little bit more curve to the limbs.

Comment

I have a like new 50lb Bear Grizzly I’ll sell for 250.00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Warwagon View Post
                        I have a like new 50lb Bear Grizzly I’ll sell for 250.00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Is it left handed?

Comment

X2

Alex Trebek might have said “A 30-30 lever action, Campbell’s Chicken Noodle soup, Remington Model 870, Marisa Tomei and The Bear Grizzly.

The correct response is "What five Classics should you take to the woods?”

Comment

Lmao...Marisa Tomei...

She played a great role in “The Wrestler “

Comment

She is a fine looking gal.

Comment

Working...
                              X