Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really foggy this morning in Fayette county

Comment

Yep. Been fog soup. Haven’t heard any shots either.

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        That's a good one. Tons of gray on his face.

Comment

nice deer have not been yet stuck offshore

Comment

When driving from Madisonville to Brenham last Tuesday night it looked like a slaughter house with all the dead deer and red spots on the road. Especially between Mville and Roans Prairie.

Comment

The weather stinks. I hunted in shorts this morning with my son. It’s 81 degrees humid and a southeast wind pumping. Haven’t heard many shots from rifles last weekend of this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Speck View Post
                The weather stinks. I hunted in shorts this morning with my son. It’s 81 degrees humid and a southeast wind pumping. Haven’t heard many shots from rifles last weekend of this morning.
                The wife and I sat Thursday evening, didn’t crawl in to the stand until just before 4:00. I checked cams last night, and a nice tall 8 crossed the bottom a little after 3:30 that’s the way it goes sometimes

It’s too dang hot...she decided to wait till Monday and see what the weather looks like. We'll try to make a hunt before we head in to work

Comment

It is hot but saw two bucks chasing a doe at 3:00 this afternoon on the way out. Shot a 3 point this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's still been really slow for me, at least while sitting in the stand. I moved my stand Saturday morning because I finally convinced myself I wasn't going to see anything I want to shoot with the way the wind swirled where I had it. I started using cotton (small pieces off a cotton ball) as a wind checker, and during multiple hunts the wind went 360 degrees. I moved it back to where I hunted the previous two seasons, and I'm planning on doing some hand corn. We'll see what happens. I'd like to get a doe this upcoming weekend, but the weather ain't looking too hot.

Comment

We had a Christmas evening surprise at our house. I was unloading presents from the car and thought I saw a buck walking up in the distance toward our feeder behind the house. Got the binoculars and it’s just a tuff of grass in the wind. I look to the right and see two does walking the fence lines. Put the binoculars back up and see spots. Axis! Two Axis does and I’m standing there at dusk with arms full of presents. Grabbed my son and wife and they at least got to see them as dark hits. Pretty **** cool. My wife and son say they see a small herd along FM2187 just south of Cat Spring occasionally. We had two on camera 2 years ago one morning.

Comment

We had a Christmas evening surprise at our house. I was unloading presents from the car and thought I saw a buck walking up in the distance toward our feeder behind the house. Got the binoculars and it’s just a tuff of grass in the wind. I look to the right and see two does walking the fence lines. Put the binoculars back up and see spots. Axis! Two Axis does and I’m standing there at dusk with arms full of presents. Grabbed my son and wife and they at least got to see them as dark hits. Pretty **** cool. My wife and son say they see a small herd along FM2187 just south of Cat Spring occasionally. We had two on camera 2 years ago one morning.
                        Bring them on and spread them out!

Comment

There was one axis doe in the town of New Ulm that I believe somebody was feeding. I saw her a few times running towards the same house and once eating in the pen with the donkeys. Hadnt seen her in a year or so though. Guess somebody shot her.

I also saw a fallow buck across from our place once two years ago. Never saw him again though.

Pretty cool stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                            There was one axis doe in the town of New Ulm that I believe somebody was feeding. I saw her a few times running towards the same house and once eating in the pen with the donkeys. Hadnt seen her in a year or so though. Guess somebody shot her.

I also saw a fallow buck across from our place once two years ago. Never saw him again though.

Pretty cool stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            I was just about to say, one of my coworkers lives in New Ulm and he had an axis doe on his trail camera a year or two ago.

Comment

Working...
                            X