Tacoma/Tundra?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tacoma/Tundra?

Sons truck was backed into by a concrete truck Friday morning and is a strong possibility it’s going to be totaled. 11yr old high mileage truck. He’s looking at buying new and is leaning toward a Tacoma/Tundra or going back with a Ram. I’ve always kind of enjoyed the buying process but have always had months to negotiate and call around to shop. In this case, if it’s totaled once he gets the check the free rental will be over and need to buy fairly quickly. We’ve been lightly checking prices on Toyota’s and leaning that way. Question is, do Toyota dealers hold pretty tight on advertised price or can you get them down some more? Never bought a Toyota, but have always heard they are not much on negotiating.

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
    Sons truck was backed into by a concrete truck Friday morning and is a strong possibility it’s going to be totaled. 11yr old high mileage truck. He’s looking at buying new and is leaning toward a Tacoma/Tundra or going back with a Ram. I’ve always kind of enjoyed the buying process but have always had months to negotiate and call around to shop. In this case, if it’s totaled once he gets the check the free rental will be over and need to buy fairly quickly. We’ve been lightly checking prices on Toyota’s and leaning that way. Question is, do Toyota dealers hold pretty tight on advertised price or can you get them down some more? Never bought a Toyota, but have always heard they are not much on negotiating.
    IN on this. Not sure about negotiating but they hold their value pretty well.

Comment

Toyota trucks hold their value very well. It’s not a matter of if they’ll sell, but when they’ll sell. Hopefully he can get that check this next week and try to make a move on one before the end of the month while sales guys are trying to meet quota. Might get a little more negotiating done.

Also in my experience over the last couple of years, internet pricing is generally about as low as they will go. They’ll come down some, but the days of negotiating 2-4K off asking price are pretty well gone on used trucks.

Comment

In August I got 15% off a new Tundra. Costco has a vehicle buying program whereby the dealer gives you a very competitive price up front and I found it to be lower than any other dealers would do on the same vehicle.

Comment

Toyota will generally negotiate on most models except the pro models for the Tacoma, 4R, and Tundra. Easiest way and one of the quickest is find several dealers that have the model and options you want. E-mail them ALL in one email.

You should get a response back from 1 - 2. I had e-mailed close to 10 dealers. Take that quote and see if dealers will meet it or beat it. Then always check for the OTD price.

If you have time this is a good read
          There are plenty of great tips to follow in order to make the right choice and get the top deal, and dealers have a few of their best tips to share.
          Last edited by altez; 02-22-2020, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Call Jeff Hunter Toyota and ask for Kyle. They have some great deals on Tundra TSS packages now with 0% interest. They work deals for sure. I am in my 6th now.

Comment

Originally posted by jab48 View Post
              In August I got 15% off a new Tundra. Costco has a vehicle buying program whereby the dealer gives you a very competitive price up front and I found it to be lower than any other dealers would do on the same vehicle.
              Did not know this about Costco. Will look into it for sure.

Originally posted by altez View Post
              Toyota will generally negotiate on most models except the pro models for the Tacoma, 4R, and Tundra. Easiest way and one of the quickest is find several dealers that have the model and options you want. E-mail them ALL in one email.

You should get a response back from 1 - 2. I had e-mailed close to 10 dealers. Take that quote and see if dealers will meet it or beat it. Then always check for the OTD price.

If you have time this is a good read
              https://www.businessinsider.com/the-...new-car-2016-5
              Will have him get to emailing. Ive always made calls and took weeks with getting the price low as possible letting the local dealers know I had no problem buying a plane ticket for a better deal in Dallas. Just going to be a little pressed for time now.

Originally posted by Killem all View Post
              Call Jeff Hunter Toyota and ask for Kyle. They have some great deals on Tundra TSS packages now with 0% interest. They work deals for sure. I am in my 6th now.
              Will do, Waco is not too far for the right deal.

Comment

I’ve spent the last 30 days buying a new 2020 4Runner and 2020 Tacoma.

I did it 100% online. No hours at the dealership. Very easy to negotiate price from the couch while on TBH.

That being said, most dealers are still trying to add Paint sealers and fabric protectors on the back end for extra profits so pay close attention to the details. Unlike other brands, Toyota dealers do not put the window stickers online to see the actual MSRP. Common practice is for them to add the previous mentioned profit makers to the Toyota MSRP and list that as the MSRP of the vehicle. Again, pay attention to the details.

The single worst experience I’ve ever had with a dealership was with Boyce Garcia “the manager” at Toyota of Victoria. I highly recommend you avoid them.

I do recommend San Marcos Toyota and Greg LeBlanc Toyota in Houma, LA. I received great service and the best price of all the dealerships in Texas and Louisiana.

Comment

Really the deal to chase on a Tundra is one with about 50K miles. With online search engines these days it makes it super easy to find the best deal. I’m in Waco and I found a 2014 tundra witht Jeff Hunter that looked really good, but it was at 130K-ish miles and I couldn’t get them to get their asking price lower than $1000 off sticker. Then, after much searching I found an AWESOME deal on a 2010 Limited Tundra in Boerne Texas with less miles and all the bells and whistles. I paid less after TTL than what I was going to potentially pay before TTL in Waco. My search parameters had a 300 mile radius and I felt confident before sitting down at the negotiating table that I was already looking at the best deal in Texas.

This was just last week!

Comment

I’ve driven rental cars to pickup our last 3 vehicles (we buy low mileage used). Expand the search and you’ll find a heck of a deal somewhere.

Comment

Looking for a new Toyota? Find local cash, APR, lease offers, and more in the Gulf States. Explore your options at BuyAToyota.com today. Buy A Toyota - Gulf State Toyota

There are some 0% financing deals going on now

Comment

They will come down, we’ve been shopping for a week now for Tacoma, up in Dallas now looking at some.

Comment

I got 8k off the sticker out the door on my 2019 Tundra. Financed at 0% as well. Don McGill on 10 and Kirkwood. Lifetime oil changes too.

Comment

Don't go RAM!!!

Comment

If you don't relish the idea of eating the depreciation when you buy new--check out Carmax--

Comment

Working...
                              X