Tundra Owners ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tundra Owners ??

My Tundra seems to have more body roll than any other truck I have had. I don’t mind it normally, but it feels weird when pulling my travel trailer. The trailer is a lite aluminum frame and I am well under max tow ratings.

Question is: Has anyone added the TRD rear sway bar to their Tundra, and how does it feel now? Big difference?

I know other truck and brands have put them on, but only interested in the Tundra responses.

Tundra Owners ??

I’ve pulled a lot of stuff with my tundra along with a heavy travel trailer (9000lbs) and never noticed any body roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve pulled 8800 lbs of peanuts many times without feeling the body roll.

Comment

I have put one on took less than 30 minutes. Does take the body roll away and more responsive to turns and winding roads. It was a noticeable difference to me.

Comment

Did you put a lift on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
            Did you put a lift on it?

No.

Comment

My old 2007 tundra did not have one.....zero body roll. My 2019 Sport has one on it already......feels exactly like my old 2007.[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

We have a 2017 Tundra, pull camper, trailers all the time with no issues.

Comment

what's a "Body Roll"???

Comment

Is it body roll or swaying due to wind while pulling? What package is currently on your truck? What tires? Sometimes going from a P tire to an LT will do the trick. If it's been more windy that normal, that can cause it. Maybe a load distributing hitch is needed rather than a sway bar.

My opinion, that sway back is going to make your truck garbage off road when articulation is needed, or just on a rocky stretch where you don't want both tires connected to one another. The single best thing about the Dodge Power Wagon is the detachable front sway bar.

Comment

I have the TRD rear sway bar, it helps somewhat, I also have the front sway bar, but have not installed it yet.

Great place to the sway bars is https://www.sparksparts.com/
                      Last edited by nando; 01-24-2020, 10:19 AM.

Comment

My truck is the stock TSS with 20’s and the Goodyear Duratracs from the factory. I already have a weight distribution hitch for the trailer. Just looking for a little more stiffness in the truck. Not worried about travel of the suspension as I don’t off road much other than driving on the beach and a little bit during hunting season. I don’t get crazy with it. The rear end slips at the slightest bit of dampness on the road, and it seems sloppy in the rear end. It may be the tires. Not sure. It seems to have a lot of roll in turns and on corners compared to all other trucks I have had.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                          I have the TRD rear sway bar, it helps somewhat, I also have the front sway bar, but have not installed it yet.

Great place to the sway bars is https://www.sparksparts.com/
                          I bought it this morning from a local Toyota dealer and they matched sparksparts. We will see if I notice a difference.

From what I have heard about the front one, is people don’t like it.
                          Last edited by captainsling; 01-24-2020, 11:28 AM.

Comment

I have never experienced body roll in my 2010 Tundra.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                              what's a "Body Roll"???
                              You get these once you turn 40 and start drinking every night to cope with being an unappreciated husband and father.

Comment

Working...
                              X