Thoughts on Retay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Retay

What’s your thoughts on Retay. I’m looking for a coastal duck gun.

My son has one (Masai Mara). He loves it. I've shot it a few times, and it seems pretty nice. The extractor chipped after about 100 rounds, and he sent it back to be fixed. They turned it around pretty quick, and the new extractor is made out of different material. They say the first ones were too brittle. He's shot it a good bit since then with no issues. Cycles well.

Comment

I think if you’re shopping that price range I’d stick with one of the 3Bs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heard it’s just a benelli clone? ^even the 3 b’s started somewhere.

Comment

shot one this past season and it kicked like mule

Comment

I just bought a new shotgun, and Retay was on my short list. It’s supposed to be the perfected inertia action. It has an extra spring that ensures the bolt always returns to full battery. Supposedly eliminating “benelli click”. It looked good on paper, and some of them have really nice features. I just couldn’t see spending that kind of coin on a Turkish shotgun, especially one that hasn’t been in circulation for very long. I saw a lot of good reviews, but it seems like Retay will pretty much give them away to anyone with an instagram and a duck boat. I think that might skew the reviews some, but that might just be my skepticism kicking in. I went round and round, holding and shouldering every different shotgun I could get my hands on. After months of shopping, I finally decided on the franchi affinity 3 elite. The reputation, features, feel, and price made it a pretty easy decision (once I finally got my hands on one). Can’t wait to shoot it.

Comment

Originally posted by byler11 View Post
              shot one this past season and it kicked like mule
              It's an inertia gun, so more recoil than a gas gun. Zach put a Limbsaver pad on his, and solved that problem. 3" heavy duck loads aren't bad at all now.

Comment

Originally posted by lungbuster1985 View Post
                I just bought a new shotgun, and Retay was on my short list. It’s supposed to be the perfected inertia action. It has an extra spring that ensures the bolt always returns to full battery. Supposedly eliminating “benelli click”. It looked good on paper, and some of them have really nice features. I just couldn’t see spending that kind of coin on a Turkish shotgun, especially one that hasn’t been in circulation for very long. I saw a lot of good reviews, but it seems like Retay will pretty much give them away to anyone with an instagram and a duck boat. I think that might skew the reviews some, but that might just be my skepticism kicking in. I went round and round, holding and shouldering every different shotgun I could get my hands on. After months of shopping, I finally decided on the franchi affinity 3 elite. The reputation, features, feel, and price made it a pretty easy decision (once I finally got my hands on one). Can’t wait to shoot it.
                I have a Benelli Super Vinci with more than 4k rounds through it and an M2 that I shoot 3 gun competition with that has God only knows how many rounds on it and I have never had a "Benelli Click". I assume the click would be from the bolt not returning to battery before firing? Most of these issues can easily be fixed by reading the manual where it states that you should shoot 1 1/8oz shells or heavier (12ga).

Comment

Working...
                X