Need Help Pricing Knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help Pricing Knives

My Dad has started making knives as a source of a little retirement income. He just made this folder and asked me what it’s worth. What would you pay and feel like a decent price is? EDC 440SS Acrylic scales with SS Bolsters
    Much appreciated
    Attached Files

I’d say it’s a decent start but not one that should be listed for sale. It should go in your pocket.

Comment

Wow! That's some nice work for a 1st Mitch!

Comment

Very nice!
        I think each knife maker has to find their price point by looking at other knife makers, compare their workmanship, originality etc... in other words, I think it is hard for us to give it a value, try listing it for a time in various places and see the response.

Comment

Does he put a proof mark? Is it locking?

Comment

That's pretty legit

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

He’s looking for around 125.00 per knife. Would you feel comfortable with that? Again, thanks for the responses.

Comment

Pm me some info. I would like to get a few made.
                Mike

Comment

Very nice, 125 is very reasonable.

Comment

Thank y'all for input, this is first E.d.c folder. I mainly make fixed blades

Comment

I’d assume kit knife at that price point?

One thing I can tell you about the knife world, some people don’t appreciate kit knives, mostly because of the history of unscrupulous people selling them as their own work. Personally, I have no problem with the kit, as long as you say it’s a kit. Full disclosure is a must. There’s a place for everybody in the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post

One thing I can tell you about the knife world, some people don’t appreciate kit knives, mostly because of the history of unscrupulous people selling them as their own work. Personally, I have no problem with the kit, as long as you say it’s a kit. Full disclosure is a must. There’s a place for everybody in the market.

Your opinion is greatly appreciated sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post

And a plus 1.

Comment

Nice work on the folder.

I would consider getting away from acrylic scales that look like a jerkbait. Acrylic scales can make it look like a cheap gas station knife. And you don’t want something to look cheap if it’s well made.

Comment

If it’s all original and not a kit, that’s way too cheap.

Comment

Working...
                              X