Grass burrs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grass burrs

What will kill grass burrs before they get the burr on them? I wanna pre treat the yard this year in hope of getting rid of them.
    Last edited by justindfw; 03-07-2021, 06:28 PM.

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
    What will kill grass burrs before they get the burr on them? I wanna pee treat the yard this year in hope of getting rid of them.
    He said "pee treat".[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I need to do a couple dozen acres myself.

Comment

MSMA is what a buddy uses on his Llano property

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          He said "pee treat".[emoji23]

Well didn't proof read that well enough. Fixed now thanks

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
            Well didn't proof read that well enough. Fixed now thanks
            If you pee treat it enough, it will kill everything ! So see, you were right the first time....

Comment

burn it over.

Comment

Dad used to wait till it seeded then drag a big piece is shag carpet behind the tractor. When the entire yard was drug roll up the carpet and burn it. Did it a couple years in a row and knocked them way down.

Comment

Balan....

Treat 3 times per year...

Valentines Day..
                  Memorial Day...
                  Labor Day...

...��

Comment

MSMA is best but if livestock will have access to the grass, don’t use it. It contains arsenic and will kill livestock.

Comment

If in north Texas you have 10 days to put down pre emergent. Then 90 days later.

Comment

Prowel h20 or rezilon are the only pre-emergents on the market. Rezilon is the newest and supposed to have a long residual effect.

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
                          Prowel h20 or rezilon are the only pre-emergents on the market. Rezilon is the newest and supposed to have a long residual effect.
                          Rezilon is what we’re treating our hay pasture this week. We’re overrun by crabgrass.

Comment

XL 2,4D is what I have used. Available in 50 pound bags at most feed stores.

Grass bur seed can remain viable in the soil for 7 years.

I treated my acreage that was one big grass bur quarterly for 7 years and successfully eradicated them from my property.

Comment

I had them (and bermuda grass) in some iron ore gravel that was brought in for a circular drive. I tried a lot of things, but in the end, I just sprayed roundup on everything that I couldn't be sure wasn't a grass burr plant. I did it every few weeks during the spring and summer one year. Last year, only found one plant and got it before the burrs were mature.
                              I didn't want to use chemicals, but I sure didn't want burrs to get started.

Comment

Working...
                              X