X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing wrong with that!! ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
      Well y’all are doing much better than we did last week. We caught ever 14” trout and every 17-18” redfish one Aransas pass!
      I know you didn't catch everyone of them. Dagger to Mud Island and all points in between, Syl and I seem to have the dinks dialed in.

Hogboy

Comment

Got a few yesterday. Still on a Fatboy and Softdine bite. CPR'er a 27" trout. (No pics it would give away my location, sorry).
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Well Glenn, I look forward to your reports!! Would love to book a trip to fish with you. Seems you like to fish like I like to fish...
          Yes sir, we can sure do it.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
            Got a few yesterday. Still on a Fatboy and Softdine bite. CPR'er a 27" trout. (No pics it would give away my location, sorry).

Super low tide right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It came back yesterday when the wind switched to the SE, but Saturday was very low.

Comment

This thread depresses me. This is the first year in the last 7 years I have not had access to a boat to chase the specks in Sabine. If any of you are Sabine guys and need an extra stick I'd be happy to add 5 fish to the limit!

Comment

Tough day yesterday for my son and I. Tide was still really low where we went, drains and shallower coves were exposed mud. No wind and no tide movement either. Only managed 3 rat reds drifting deeper shell where I had caught them pretty good last week. Wind was picking up a bit and tide should have started to come in some and I thought we might do ok last hour or so, then as I was unhooking the last red, my son (10) fell off the boat lol. Thankfully I had his ski clothes in the boat he was able to change into or else that ride back to the ramp would have been miserable.

Comment

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
                    Tough day yesterday for my son and I. Tide was still really low where we went, drains and shallower coves were exposed mud. No wind and no tide movement either. Only managed 3 rat reds drifting deeper shell where I had caught them pretty good last week. Wind was picking up a bit and tide should have started to come in some and I thought we might do ok last hour or so, then as I was unhooking the last red, my son (10) fell off the boat lol. Thankfully I had his ski clothes in the boat he was able to change into or else that ride back to the ramp would have been miserable.

Dang, that’s tough. That water had to be freezing. If you’re fishing Matagorda, check out the river/diversion area. I haven’t been since we got all the rain a while back, but it’s usually pretty easy fishing when they’re in there. Lots of reds at times too down the diversion. That’s my winter fishing, I ain’t wading if I have to wear waders. Lol

Comment

Yeah warmest we saw all day was 56. It was about 53 where he fell in iirc. The cold definitely made him panic pretty good. I did manage to save his pole before helping him back into the boat.. Santa just spent $250 on it haha.

We had been fishing the river and diversion before all the rain too. Probably should have checked it out yesterday but figured it was probably still fresh but I honestly have no idea.

Comment

I'm hoping that you guys can help me out. I am looking for 2 guides that fish out of the Rockport/Aransas Pass area for Saturday, 2-13-21. We are going down for a Bachelor Party and 2 guys want to fly fish and the rest of us (3) want to tackle fish. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

So many trout in a morning kayak fishing trip! I was laughing throughout this video, because it was so much fun!

Check out all the action here:

I hope you enjoy! I know I did.

Comment

Alright, first report of the new year for me. I got all the deer chasing wrapped up and out of the way last weekend and now it's back to fishing.

I fished friday and today. Friday was tough. We fished hard for a handful of trout and a bunch of dinks. Conditions were perfect, water was 64 degrees in the bay, water color was beautiful trout green and I found rafts of bait. The fish just didn't eat. We had low to no wind, could not even drift for a couple of hours and sometimes they just don't eat when it is that calm. We fished hard and came up with very little. Most of the keepers were caught on live shrimp under popping corks but we caught a few on Bass Assassins too.

Today I had a really good fellow who has fished with me several times and he brought his son down. We got out well after daylight and took our time getting on our way this morning. I went right back to the same area where I saw the rafts of bait friday. Today it was choppy and blowing almost east early swinging to SE as the morning went on. Just rough enough that we had some small whitecaps forming and the water was anywhere from green to sandy but fishable. We caught a nice mess of fish. The youngster caught his own limit of trout and two redfish. All on a Vudu shrimp under a popping cork. I fished with Bass Assassins and Mirrolure Little Johns under a Coastal Cork. They wanted the cork today. I fished a good while without a cork, just a jighead and bass assassin. I think I got one bight and the young trout slayer caught about 4 or 5 keepers on that drift. I put a cork on and caught a few keepers on the second drift. It was solid and we probably could have scratched out more redfish but they had enough, it was getting windy and rough and so we headed in around 10:30. Not a bad morning and it sure felt good to catch a few fish again after a little break.

Last edited by Capt Glenn; 01-24-2021, 04:04 PM.

Comment

I sure hope it stay warm, but I have a feeling we are going to get several more bows in the next months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                                Alright, first report of the new year for me. I got all the deer chasing wrapped up and out of the way last weekend and now it's back to fishing.

I fished friday and today. Friday was tough. We fished hard for a handful of trout and a bunch of dinks. Conditions were perfect, water was 64 degrees in the bay, water color was beautiful trout green and I found rafts of bait. The fish just didn't eat. We had low to no wind, could not even drift for a couple of hours and sometimes they just don't eat when it is that calm. We fished hard and came up with very little. Most of the keepers were caught on live shrimp under popping corks but we caught a few on Bass Assassins too.

Today I had a really good fellow who has fished with me several times and he brought his son down. We got out well after daylight and took our time getting on our way this morning. I went right back to the same area where I saw the rafts of bait friday. Today it was choppy and blowing almost east early swinging to SE as the morning went on. Just rough enough that we had some small whitecaps forming and the water was anywhere from green to sandy but fishable. We caught a nice mess of fish. The youngster caught his own limit of trout and two redfish. All on a Vudu shrimp under a popping cork. I fished with Bass Assassins and Mirrolure Little Johns under a Coastal Cork. They wanted the cork today. I fished a good while without a cork, just a jighead and bass assassin. I think I got one bight and the young trout slayer caught about 4 or 5 keepers on that drift. I put a cork on and caught a few keepers on the second drift. It was solid and we probably could have scratched out more redfish but they had enough, it was getting windy and rough and so we headed in around 10:30. Not a bad morning and it sure felt good to catch a few fish again after a little break.

I sent the young man an email prior to your trip. It was titled " How to out fish your guide = Vudu Shrimp " glad he took my advice

Good stuff amigo!

Comment

Working...
                                X