No announcement yet.

George Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw Marty Robbins at the Grand Ol Opry in 1975. Fantastic.
    While I have become more of a fan, of those six, I’d spend less time watching Cash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
      Probably Strait. Who wouldn’t want to watch a dead guy perform?
      If they were all alive I would probably be watching Conway.
      I used to pay $5 to watch George Strait perform on Saturdays at Fools Gold in Alexandria, La. He drove a Ford Econoline van pulling a U Haul trailer that had the bands eqpt in it. Amarillo by Morning came out and we never saw him play there again. Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
        I used to pay $5 to watch George Strait perform on Saturdays at Fools Gold in Alexandria, La. He drove a Ford Econoline van pulling a U Haul trailer that had the bands eqpt in it. Amarillo by Morning came out and we never saw him play there again. Lol!
        That’s pretty cool. I prefer his older songs. Imo he changed his style of singing the more popular he got.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
          Probably Strait. Who wouldn’t want to watch a dead guy perform?

If they were all alive I would probably be watching Conway.
          If we're watching dead guys, I gotta have Keith Whitley and Don Williams playing at a couple of those bars even if they just open for Possum and Conway.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m glad I got to see him perform before he passed. I bought a shirt at the concert that said “I went to see no show Jones, and he actually showed up”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
              If we're watching dead guys, I gotta have Keith Whitley and Don Williams playing at a couple of those bars even if they just open for Possum and Conway.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
              That would be a good one. The Gentle Giant is right at the top of my list.

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
                Strait is an absolutely great human being. Ive worked for him, great guy. As a country singer, I dont like him.
                was that down in Dilley? I've heard some good things about his present, heard fair to work for, and involved with gospel church singing.

I heard bad things things about his younger days as I grew up in south Texas but sounds like he repented or these were just rumours. Not knocking I wasn't much better.
                Amarillo by morning is near the top of my list

Comment

Originally posted by txhunt7 View Post
                  was that down in Dilley? I've heard some good things about his present, heard fair to work for, and involved with gospel church singing.

I heard bad things things about his younger days as I grew up in south Texas but sounds like he repented or these were just rumours. Not knocking I wasn't much better.
                  Amarillo by morning is near the top of my list

Outside of Pearsall, we trapped some deer for him. Only thing he asked was to not tell people where he lived. One guy couldnt help but take pictures of his whole place... it was in the Marble Falls paper the next week. We never worked for him again.

Comment

Heck even AJ beats Jones.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X