No announcement yet.

Got the deer lease gut punch today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he's going to be paying for the extra spot for guest then be his guest as often as you can.

Be mindful of dealing with older people. Some make decisions that defy logic due to the beginning stages of alzheimer's or dementia. I've got an old friend that does things that **** me off on occasion but I overlook it cause I think he going senile.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
      Be mindful of dealing with older people. Some make decisions that defy logic due to the beginning stages of alzheimer's or dementia. I've got an old friend that does things that **** me off on occasion but I overlook it cause I think he going senile.
      Very good point to consider

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
        His last text:

"It's my lease that I sub out. No one disagrees. I'm being fair about it. You have till the end of June. You can use the cabin, hunt wile out there. Being as fair as I can. No matter how I put it it's not fair. It is just the way it should be. I hunted out there for 27 years, 20 with Ray. Always feeding together, hunting during the week together. You replaced Ray, your life changed and you couldn't fullfill the deal. I overlooked it ever since. Decide this year it had to change. I am sorry."

Son of a *****
        I don't doubt this part one bit. If he'll kick you off for a carpool inconvenience, people aren't going to speak up and give him any reason to lose their spot.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
          Because the OP’s inability to go during the week (which was the condition he was let on the lease with) is now keeping the manager from going at all that’s why. If I were the OP I would have told him if he needs to replace me with someone that can do what I agreed to but no longer can I wouldn’t blame him. I’m obviously in the minority but I wouldn’t have put the manager in that position.

Considering that in the 8 years I 've been on the lease we've only gone out during the week maybe 3 times I think your wrong. Even when I was retired and he was self employed we primarily went on the weekends because that fit his schedule. Not to mention that when Covid hit he didn't want to be around people for fear of catching it.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
            I don't doubt this part one bit. If he'll kick you off for a carpool inconvenience, people aren't going to speak up and give him any reason to lose their spot.
            He's talked about kicking the other guys off before for several things. They don't clean up after themselves, never take care of anything, etc. He finally talked to them and they've done better.

Comment

Man, sounds like another job with a less than perfect boss (like most leases, lol). Take the stress reprieve and reassess what you love about hunting and make that your focus. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                Considering that in the 8 years I 've been on the lease we've only gone out during the week maybe 3 times I think your wrong. Even when I was retired and he was self employed we primarily went on the weekends because that fit his schedule. Not to mention that when Covid hit he didn't want to be around people for fear of catching it.
                I completely understand your side of it. The fact still remains that you were allowed on the lease contingent on you being able to go with him during the week. That was the deal from the start. You got a divorce and couldn't do it anymore and he let it slide UNTIL his situation changed. Now he has a choice to enforce the deal you made with him to get on the lease or stop hunting himself. Just looking at it from both sides. I think you both did wrong in this deal but if I were you I would not have put my friend that is potentially terminal in a position to choose between me or hunting for the rest of his life. He should have both. That was the deal from the beginning and you can't live up to it.

My friend is terminal and can only hunt on Wednesday due to his health. We made a deal that I would be allowed on the lease as long as I can go with him on Wednesday. I can no longer go with him on Wednesday like we agreed. I personally would tell him I'm sorry and I don't want to be the reason you can't hunt. Replace me if you need to and I'll help you in any way I can.

Obviously that's not the road you are taking but that's what I would have done. I've lost friendships over deer leases myself. It happens......

Comment

OP, how many members are on this lease? Initially I thought it was just you and him. After reading more comments it sounds like that’s not the case. Are you the only member he wanted to ride with to hunt?

Comment

User/Loser.
                    Dilley Dilley!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      OP, how many members are on this lease? Initially I thought it was just you and him. After reading more comments it sounds like that’s not the case. Are you the only member he wanted to ride with to hunt?
                      There are 6 hunters on the place. Two live in Mason and 2 live in Bertram. I used to live a mile from him until my divorce.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                        I completely understand your side of it. The fact still remains that you were allowed on the lease contingent on you being able to go with him during the week. That was the deal from the start. You got a divorce and couldn't do it anymore and he let it slide UNTIL his situation changed. Now he has a choice to enforce the deal you made with him to get on the lease or stop hunting himself. Just looking at it from both sides. I think you both did wrong in this deal but if I were you I would not have put my friend that is potentially terminal in a position to choose between me or hunting for the rest of his life. He should have both. That was the deal from the beginning and you can't live up to it.

My friend is terminal and can only hunt on Wednesday due to his health. We made a deal that I would be allowed on the lease as long as I can go with him on Wednesday. I can no longer go with him on Wednesday like we agreed. I personally would tell him I'm sorry and I don't want to be the reason you can't hunt. Replace me if you need to and I'll help you in any way I can.

Obviously that's not the road you are taking but that's what I would have done. I've lost friendships over deer leases myself. It happens......
                        Sounds like the guy was pretty wishy washy himself. Sounds like he could’ve just relaxed the guest policy and found someone to come with him each time. I seriously doubt the other member wouldn’t have minded given the situation.

Overall a pretty ****ty situation IMO

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                          Sounds like the guy was pretty wishy washy himself. Sounds like he could’ve just relaxed the guest policy and found someone to come with him each time. I seriously doubt the other member wouldn’t have minded given the situation.

Overall a pretty ****ty situation IMO

That’s probably true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There has to be more too the story. If several of the other members were already walking a thin line it seems he would have booted one of them and added another member that he could carpool with and keep you on as well doubling his chances that one of you would be available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                              Lease it out from under him

He is no friend

Like said above, if it is liver cancer he may not make next season anyway

I also read it that OP had not been sharing rides for a few years. So why all the sudden decide to kick him off now?
                              That is the question for the few that think it was perfectly OK to boot someone because they could no longer be the lease managers chauffer, gun bearer, feeder filler, etc
                              Just what I was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                                Some of you guys focused on just the cancer as why he needs a ride. While true, it was also stated that he had another 'friend' before the OP for 20 years that he hunted and rode with to the lease. He has had this lease for 27 years. The last 7 years he used the OP to fill the other guys role that is no longer on the lease or alive not sure about that guy.

The point is, this guy needed and needs someone to hunt with him and ride with to this lease. He has been doing this for 27 years, not just when he got cancer the last few years.

Sounds like he struggles being alone
                                I saw a few responses to this post. Just to clarify so we are on the same page. This was not to justify the guys actions, more so to show the guy has a history of mooching or not being able to be alone...self supportive, or whatever you want to call it. It is pretty chicken**** what he did.

Comment

Working...
                                X