Best Aquarium in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Aquarium in Texas

My Daughter will be 3 in June. Loves animals so, the wife and I are thinking a weekend away with a visit to an aquarium would be great. Is Corpus the best in the state? Anyone have any recommendations?

I remember taking the kids to the Corpus one long ago, all I heard was "dad that's just like your /insert critter here/ at home" the whole time. Hopefully they've gotten better over the years.

Comment

Take her to Moody Gardens.

Comment

Gulf of Mexico

Comment

Ft.Worth, has a top notch one...........
          And so does Dallas................

Comment

I have only been to the one in Dallas, but would recommend it. We really enjoyed going

Comment

The Dallas World Aquarium is incredible.

Comment

Seaworld

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  Seaworld
                  That.

She’ll get a kick out of feeding the unbarbed stingrays, if they still do that on the behind the scene tour.

Comment

I’ve been to the Texas Aquarium in Corpus Christi and was completely underwhelmed. (PS, i had NO desire to “pet” the stingrays, barbed or otherwise.)

Now, I haven’t been to the aquarium in Dallas but it was recently mentioned on another thread here and garnered a lot of high praise. I went to their website and was very impressed, so much so that I plan to visit them on my next visit to Dallas (and I hate aquaria!) the last ten to fifteen years, museums and aquaria have sought to push the boundaries as far as the “immersive” experience goes, constantly trying to break the “fourth wall” between exhibit and audience in order to reach out and make the audience part of the experience.

Your daughter is three-years-old so her attention span will be somewhat limited due to her age. Nevertheless, I think there several exhibits by which she will be awed, all while being educated by the experience as well.

Comment

Corpus is awesome. The arrive through wildlife Ranch is awesome too. It’s out side of San Antonio

Comment

My first fishing trip was with my Godmother and Godfather. I caught my first fish on pickled minnows from a jar, followed by many more. Then a waterside dinner of perch. And still remember it very well. I was two YOA at the time.

That trip made a huge imprint in my life. Don't rule out age for anything!

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                          Take her to Moody Gardens.
                          Why?

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                            The Dallas World Aquarium is incredible.
                            This /\

Comment

the Dallas Aquarium is by far the best i have been too, it is three floors of exhibits. Not only did my kids really enjoy it when they were small but my oldest grand daughter went with us when she was 12 and she was also very happy to see it,,, it is well worth the drive and time to see

Comment

Working...
                              X