Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2021, 09:03 AM   #1
Michael
Administrator
 
Michael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Home: Hallettsville, TX Photo/Video: Sony A7S III
Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca
Default A Few Thoughts on the Mathews V3 31" (Video)

Here are a few of my initial thoughts on the V3, mostly compared to my Traverse (which I still love!) I plan on doing a few more comprehensive setup and shooting videos ahead of next season, as well. Let me know if you have specific questions about the V3 31". Kevin has the 27", so I'm sure he can be a resource for anything specific to that model.

Feel free to drop a comment (and like/dislike) on YT, as well!

.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2021, 07:07 PM   #2
TX_Kevin
Pope & Young
 
TX_Kevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kingwood, TX
Hunt In: Gillespie County
Default

I do, and I love it. Both of our V3s have proven to be deadly!
TX_Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2021, 07:16 PM   #3
ByronB
Ten Point
 
ByronB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Clear Lake
Default

My son just purchased the 31” V3 from West Houston Archery. Fully decked out. The GAS strings on it look sharp in red. Whole setup looks great.
ByronB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2021, 07:23 PM   #4
ByronB
Ten Point
 
ByronB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Clear Lake
Default

Great video. Blane said he liked the draw on the 31” V3 better versus the 27”. I bought the Vertix and really like it. However, the V3 is just a great setup.
ByronB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2021, 07:34 PM   #5
GARY
Administrator
 
GARY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, Texas
Hunt In: Lavaca, Alberta and where ever Aironeout takes me!
Default

Good video. I would like to chat with you about the single sit pin you have on it. I am looking for a single site pin change myself for 1) longer shooting (western) and 2) clearer site picture.
__________________
Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GARY is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2021, 10:36 PM   #6
Michael
Administrator
 
Michael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Home: Hallettsville, TX Photo/Video: Sony A7S III
Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARY View Post
Good video. I would like to chat with you about the single sit pin you have on it. I am looking for a single site pin change myself for 1) longer shooting (western) and 2) clearer site picture.
Let me know next time you're in town and you're welcome to check it out and even shoot a bit. Or just give me a call to chat about it.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2021, 11:25 PM   #7
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Del Rio, Eldorado, Bon Wier
Default

Thanks for the video. I’m interested in the V3
AntlerCollector is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 10:42 AM   #8
Briar Friar
Pope & Young
 
Briar Friar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Default

Interesting bow and interesting review Michael. Im glad your hand healed up good.
Briar Friar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 10:54 AM   #9
Michael
Administrator
 
Michael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Home: Hallettsville, TX Photo/Video: Sony A7S III
Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briar Friar View Post
Interesting bow and interesting review Michael. Im glad your hand healed up good.


Thank you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 01:22 PM   #10
TX_Kevin
Pope & Young
 
TX_Kevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kingwood, TX
Hunt In: Gillespie County
Default

I moved to the V3 27 from a Halon 6. Prior to the V3 the Halon 6 was my absolute favorite bow. I just loved it, and I killed quite a few critters with it. It was very forgiving and seemed to correct some of my mistakes.

I find that to be true of my V3 as well. Very well balanced. Not too heavy. It is quite a bit quicker than I expected it to be. It took me about an hour to get past the super short A2A. I did have to adjust my anchor. Right now this V3 is my favorite ever.

Michael and I discussed that we might want to try it without a stabilizer. I haven't yet tried that, but it is coming soon!
TX_Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2021, 02:46 PM   #11
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Buddy just picked up the V3 31.5. Its closer to what he likes in a bow ATA as do I . Great review and video as usual Michael. I'll make sure I send this to him.



I did tell him, that it's a dang shame he spent all that money and still only has the second best looking bow in camp... #TraverseCoolClub
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 09:35 AM   #12
Michael
Administrator
 
Michael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Home: Hallettsville, TX Photo/Video: Sony A7S III
Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Kevin View Post
I moved to the V3 27 from a Halon 6. Prior to the V3 the Halon 6 was my absolute favorite bow. I just loved it, and I killed quite a few critters with it. It was very forgiving and seemed to correct some of my mistakes.

I find that to be true of my V3 as well. Very well balanced. Not too heavy. It is quite a bit quicker than I expected it to be. It took me about an hour to get past the super short A2A. I did have to adjust my anchor. Right now this V3 is my favorite ever.

Michael and I discussed that we might want to try it without a stabilizer. I haven't yet tried that, but it is coming soon!
I'm still shooting without the stab and shooting AT LEAST as well as with. I want to do some actual tests with and without soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Buddy just picked up the V3 31.5. Its closer to what he likes in a bow ATA as do I . Great review and video as usual Michael. I'll make sure I send this to him.



I did tell him, that it's a dang shame he spent all that money and still only has the second best looking bow in camp... #TraverseCoolClub
Thanks Jason. I need to put a rest back on the Traverse and do some shooting comparisons with it, as well.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 09:49 AM   #13
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Cool places with Cool people
Default

I did not shoot the 31, but I did buy the 27. I am looking forward to getting it dialed in, but its pretty sweet to have my first new bow in over 10 years.
Heath is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 10:01 AM   #14
Mary
Administrator
 
Mary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kingwood
Default

Great video....but I LOVE the new profile pic
Mary is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 06:57 PM   #15
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Thanks Jason. I need to put a rest back on the Traverse and do some shooting comparisons with it, as well.
Donít do that!... you might be trading that V3 for a Prima for Hannah and going back to it .

Seriously though, that would make an interesting video.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-23-2021, 07:50 AM   #16
Michael
Administrator
 
Michael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Home: Hallettsville, TX Photo/Video: Sony A7S III
Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary View Post
Great video....but I LOVE the new profile pic
Thanks! I'm pretty proud of it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Donít do that!... you might be trading that V3 for a Prima for Hannah and going back to it .

Seriously though, that would make an interesting video.
We might have a Prima video or two coming up soon, as well!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-23-2021, 07:55 AM   #17
TheHammer
Pope & Young
 
TheHammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Carthage, TX
Hunt In: Coke Co, Panola Co
Default

I’ve heard nothing but good things about the V3 as well as the traverse. Great video.

I sent you a PM, Micheal
TheHammer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-23-2021, 07:57 AM   #18
Smart
Pope & Young
 
Smart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
We might have a Prima video or two coming up soon, as well!

Niiiiiice! JNet's or one of the arrow slinging Middleton tres hijas?
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-23-2021, 08:29 AM   #19
Clark
Ten Point
 
Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Collingsworth Co.
Default

Well done, Michael.
Itís probably time to retire my old Outback.
Clark is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-27-2021, 07:19 AM   #20
Michael
Administrator
 
Michael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Home: Hallettsville, TX Photo/Video: Sony A7S III
Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Niiiiiice! JNet's or one of the arrow slinging Middleton tres hijas?


Kelsey Morris will be sporting the new Prima soon!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-27-2021, 07:43 AM   #21
Paycheck
Ten Point
 
Paycheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Waco
Default

Dang, should not have watched it. Might want to try it over my Triax. Nice job.
Paycheck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-27-2021, 02:34 PM   #22
Michael
Administrator
 
Michael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Home: Hallettsville, TX Photo/Video: Sony A7S III
Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paycheck View Post
Dang, should not have watched it. Might want to try it over my Triax. Nice job.
Well then definitely DO NOT shoot one!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com