Anybody own a “Premium” Pellet Grill? American made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody own a “Premium” Pellet Grill? American made

In a mental pickle between Pitts and Spitts and Yoder... also looked at Gatorpit here in Houston. Any of y’all boys have one of these? I’ve been using my current rig 2-3 times a week and have replaced all parts but she’s succumbed to the Texas Weather.....She’s about to be retired and I’m looking for a major upgrade due to how often I use it. Price point is not really the issue, rather the durability/reliability of the unit.

My brother has pitts and spitts and it really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the Pitts and Spitts and I highly recommend them. I did look at the Yoder and Gator but ultimately choose the P&S because of their reputation and ease of getting parts if needed. I have owned mine for 2+ years and have only had to clean it (2-3 time per week of use). Hooked it to my generator during the ice storm and ate like a king!

Comment

I have a buddy with a pitts and spits and it is the titz.

Comment

Originally posted by perryr View Post
          I have the Pitts and Spitts and I highly recommend them. I did look at the Yoder and Gator but ultimately choose the P&S because of their reputation and ease of getting parts if needed. I have owned mine for 2+ years and have only had to clean it (2-3 time per week of use). Hooked it to my generator during the ice storm and ate like a king!

Kinda where I’m at. I may run down there Friday to take a look. Did you ever go down to their HQ?

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
            Kinda where I’m at. I may run down there Friday to take a look. Did you ever go down to their HQ?

No, I was going to but I called Texas Star Grill Shop (local grill store) and they gave me a price over the phone I couldn’t refuse and delivered it the next day.

Comment

No, I was going to but I called Texas Star Grill Shop (local grill store) and they gave me a price over the phone I couldn’t refuse and delivered it the next day.

I’m going to call them in the morning. Can you PM what deal they gave you? If you don’t mind

Comment

I have a Pitts & Spitts and really enjoy it. It cooks fantastic food. My only gripe is the app it quite dated and needs a refresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  I have a Pitts & Spitts and really enjoy it. It cooks fantastic food. My only gripe is the app it quite dated and needs a refresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good to hear. I really like the slide out grates... did yours come with the two different drip pans?

Comment

I’ve got a Yoder YS640 on the competition cart. No issues and built like a tank. I really like it

Comment

I got a Pitts & Spitts about a month ago. I got the upgraded casters & the trap door drip pan for steaks. You can get it up to 600 degrees. I purchased it from Texas Grill Shop - the Katy Location 22010 Highland Knolls Dr Katy, TX 77450 (832) 913-6310. I have cooked chicken, pork steaks & spare ribs. I will be cooking a brisket in the next couple of weeks. I really like it. My buddy has a Rec Teq & he came over to look at mine & said if he would have known about the Pitts & Spitts he would a bought it instead.

Comment

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
                        I’ve got a Yoder YS640 on the competition cart. No issues and built like a tank. I really like it

It is built like a tank. I like the theory of the firebox being on the left with the stack on the right like a traditional offset smoker

Comment

Originally posted by Das71198 View Post
                          I got a Pitts & Spitts about a month ago. I got the upgraded casters & the trap door drip pan for steaks. You can get it up to 600 degrees. I purchased it from Texas Grill Shop - the Katy Location 22010 Highland Knolls Dr Katy, TX 77450 (832) 913-6310. I have cooked chicken, pork steaks & spare ribs. I will be cooking a brisket in the next couple of weeks. I really like it. My buddy has a Rec Teq & he came over to look at mine & said if he would have known about the Pitts & Spitts he would a bought it instead.

appreciate the info. Definitely going to give them a shout tomorrow

Comment

Pitts and Spitts here for a year and a half now. I like the fact they are made in Houston. I dont think you can go wrong with a Yoder either. It was down to those two for me but being made local was the edge for P&S in my opinion.

Comment

I’ve got a P&S and love it. One of the features that make it nice is that the lid is not on hinges, it rolls back and doesn’t get in your way. Also it has basically no temp swing. If I set it to 250 it’s going to stay on 250.

Comment

Working...
                              X