Collin County housing market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
    I've got 30 acres, house, barns, 2 acre pond loaded with fish and wedding venue for $1.5 mil may need to go up in price

Only thing crazier than home prices is land prices. I have been thinking about selling and seeing land range from $5K-10K/ac in my area. I can't figure out what the value of the land would be.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
      Only thing crazier than home prices is land prices. I have been thinking about selling and seeing land range from $5K-10K/ac in my area. I can't figure out what the value of the land would be.
      At least $16k per acre now and that's bare ground.

Comment

Originally posted by BosqueTech View Post
        May I ask where?
        Collinsville, popped off one day on this and better be ready to move folks don't bat an eye at it. Actually may be way under valued in my mind gonna have a trusted realtor come look

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
          Collinsville, popped off one day on this and better be ready to move folks don't bat an eye at it. Actually may be way under valued in my mind gonna have a trusted realtor come look
          How's the housing market in Collinsville? How about raw land just outside city limits? This would be from the seller's perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailtrail View Post
            Best of luck. We are in Melissa and I track local sales pretty closely just out of curiosity and most are selling within the week. Not aware of any 1 acre plus properties for sale in our area as people appear to be holding on to those.

Not sure how far north you can go, but might check Van Alstyne area, still 20 mins or less to McKinney and it’s growing. More acreage up there and good schools, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Where in Melissa do you live? I'm in North Creek.

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
              Where in Melissa do you live? I'm in North Creek.

The Villages, just down highway 5 from y’all. I think there is a few of us Melissa TBH’rs I see from time to time on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Makes me want to sell out, but we just built up in Denison. Of course I wouldn’t build again right now!
                Last edited by eliteweldingco; 03-26-2021, 08:55 PM.

Comment

I had a buyer contact me a couple days ago that was so hard up to get the home in a multi-offer situation they went with 2 day option period and decided to waive the inspection on a 1mil home in Frisco to better their chances. They want to do the inspection after closing to see what needs to be fixed after they already own it. I think there is going to be a lot of buyer's remorse in the near future.

Comment

Live in Frisco. Got three unsolicited calls and texts last week about buying my house. Not interested is selling.

Comment

Got a house with a foundation issue?
                      Termites?
                      Plumbing problems?

Now is the time to find your sucker

Buying houses as is, with no inspection is a recipe for disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                        Got a house with a foundation issue?
                        Termites?
                        Plumbing problems?

Now is the time to find your sucker

Buying houses as is, with no inspection is a recipe for disaster.
                        Couldn’t agree more - especially with the price to do any sort of construction right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                          How's the housing market in Collinsville? How about raw land just outside city limits? This would be from the seller's perspective.
                          It's crazy !! I'm amazed bare ground now is around $20k per acre and houses going up everywhere. Place across from my buddies house just had a sign go up and solid traffic of lookers, I can't even find it on Zillow, realtor, etc....so no idea how the people found out so quick. I can't remember the realtors name.

Comment

I don’t see how sellers getting offers well above market value gets around the appraisals

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                              I don’t see how sellers getting offers well above market value gets around the appraisals
                              Just talked to a friend that bought recently, they put 40k cash on top of their financing offer

Comment

Originally posted by oneisnone View Post
                                Just talked to a friend that bought recently, they put 40k cash on top of their financing offer
                                Yes sir. Cash is king. Prices are going up so fast in the west Austin area that appraisals lag a month or so behind actual pricing. If you need to finance a 3-5 million dollar house you are in a bind. A high percentage of sales are without financing and if you do finance you better have 20% down plus 500k on top of that. Have never seen anything like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X