Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about a trade thread for reloading components.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rutersville View Post
    I've got roughly 7.5 pounds left in an 8lb jug I don't need.

Pm me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok putting feelers out. I shoot cowboy action competition and my guns are tunes for Federal 100 small pistol primers. If anybody has any and looking to trade something please PM me.

Comment

I’ve got two pounds of cfeblk. Looking for H1000, Retumbo, H4350, H4831sc, and federal 215 large rifle primers. Let me know!!

Marshall
        512-591-4489

Comment

500 CCI small pistol primers trade for small rifle

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
            500 CCI small pistol primers trade for small rifle
            You can use the 500's as long as you are not loading magnum charges. I do it all the time with no problems or accuracy changes. Here is some info from CCI tech.

This is from a conversation on June 14, 2009 with CCI's tech dept.

I called not to complain about availability, but rather to discuss the technical differences between their primer types. I was put in touch with one of their tech reps who was very happy to discuss their primers. BTW, She mentioned that she had worked there 38 yrs and never seen anything even close to this kind of demand.

Then she said that they can produce 3 million primer per day flat out (which they are currently running) but have currently over 1 Billion back ordered. Unfortunately, that means that if all new orders stopped completely today. Everything; ammo, gov't, and component, it would take almost a year running flat out to catch up.

Anyway, I was asking about the cup thickness, formula differences, and formula amount differences between their #500 (SP), #550 (SPM), and #400 (SR). She had me hold a minute to get the detail specs up on her screen and this is what she said.

Cup thickness: The #500 has a thinner cup than either the #550 or #400, however, both the #550 and #400 have the same cup dimensions (including thickness).

Flash powder formula: All three sizes use the same formula for the flash powder.

Flash powder amount: The #500 has a slightly smaller amount (3 micrograms) than the #550 or #400 which both have the same amount.

I asked if the SR primers could be used as an acceptable substitute for the SPM primers. She compared the #550 and #400 and then replied that yes, they appeared to have the same specs, same dimensions, same cup thickness, same formula, and same amount of flash powder. She even noted that the SPM primers were slightly taller than the SP primers and were spec'd the same dimensions as the #400.

I asked if she knew any reason not to just use SR primers for both magnum pistol and rifle applications based upon that information and she said that many there only bought rifle primers and used them for all their reloading, magnum or not. The only exception being for custom pistols where the thicker rifle cup contributed to misfires, which she said only occurred in custom race pistols.

With this data from CCI I started using SP primers for loading 223 and 6.5 & .308 that had the small primer pocket and have been thru several thousand rounds without ever punching a hole in a primer. That said I don't load over maximum charge in anything. I try to find a node in the mid range somewhere. If I need to load heavy for slower burn powder then I use CCI #550

Comment

That's some good info to know.

Comment

Looking for 44-40 brass. Please pm me if you have any

Comment

Need federal large rifle primers #210’s

Comment

Originally posted by Apodz View Post
                    Need federal large rifle primers #210’s
                    Do you still have the IMR 4831?

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                      Looking for 44-40 brass. Please pm me if you have any
                      I’ve got a few hundred. Send me a pm.

Comment

I have two # of Varget.

Looking for CCI 450’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm looking for some Speer 130 gr. Grand Slams in .277. If you've got some I might have something you need or I'll just buy them from you. Thanks!

Comment

Looking for some Nosler 6.5 140g Ballistic Tips. Have powder and primers for trade based on pre-hysteria pricing.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mark116 View Post
                              Do you still have the IMR 4831?
                              No sir I ended up trading it off.

Comment

Bought this by mistake, found what I needed to replace it locally. Anyone want to trade for a #16 shell holder
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X