How high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How high

How high do you set your tree stands or ladder stands? I changed from 18 foot to 14 foot this year and it feels low to me for getting drawn. I know it’s only 4 foot [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on the area and the trees. I’ve been as low as 8 ft and as high as 40.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryf250 View Post

Done this too, 40’ on swaying pine tree will have you second guessing your decisions.

Comment

12 feet on all mine. I always have good cover around me.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryf250 View Post
          Forty feet!!!!

With a trad bow?

Comment

I until ladder stands up to 15 feet. Tripods are 10 to 12 feet.
            I'm not afraid of heights but keeping my form right at too steep an angle might be tough.

Gary

Comment

How high

I would prefer to be on the ground. If I am gonna go up a tree or tripod, I pretty much won’t go over 15’ high, and preferably lower, like 10’-12’. I just don’t like the **** angle from real high up!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I would prefer to be on the ground. If I am gonna go up a tree or tripod, I pretty much won’t go over 15’ high, and preferably lower, like 10’-12’. I just don’t like the **** angle from real high up!

Bisch

what he said !

Comment

20’ is my standard

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Bisch

yep, all this.

Comment

Used to climb really high but as I get older I don’t push it anymore no more than twenty ft now. Vitals shrink a good bit when you get to high

Comment

I am between 15-20 in Missouri but have been as high as 30.

Comment

If you have an interior fence line crossing, many bucks will turn their head sideways when they go under. That is when you draw. You can dig out the crossing and block all others, creating a funnel. You can be 10 feet up and this will work well as long as you have cover in the tree and keep still. Also, being uphill of a north to south game trail trail (facing east, without the sun in your eyes) gives you extra elevation above the deer without increasing your height in the tree and the best shot angle for a north wind. Getting higher is not better-finding the right spot is better.

Comment

My problem is trees that I can use that will work for the wind. I’m due north of my feeder which I like but I’m about 30 yards from it which I don’t like. I’ve had a hard time on this set up for years

Comment

20' in my climber.

Comment

Working...
                              X