UIL Realignment!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UIL Realignment!

I know there are some coaches here. Who got hosed and who got a lucky break???

Lots of change in the 3A area around Cooke / Grayson / Fannin countiesfor football. whitesboro, ponder and pilot point probably not happy to go region 1 with brock.

Not much changing with other sports in this area

Aubrey will have long trips the next couple of years for football .Other than Krum, their closest trip will be bridgeport. then Graham 104 miles, Iowa Park, 126 miles, and Vernon is 162 miles.

I feel sorry for everyone in 2A div II with Mart dropping. they will be tough to beat

Comment

We just moved over to Prosper from Allen

Allen now has enrollment of 6,400.

Prosper has 2,500.

We are all now 6A. We enjoyed a nice playoff run this past season. Could be a while before we see that again, lol.

Comment

Ours is much better, no more Georgetown, Hutto or Cedar Park!!

Comment

Liberty Hill and Lampasas got moved out of that meat grinder of a district, and they sent Gatesville, La Vega, and China Spring to region 2.

Comment

San Angelo Central made someone real mad!!! I've seen some crazy stuff by the UIL in 30+ years but that takes the cake.

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
              San Angelo Central made someone real mad!!! I've seen some crazy stuff by the UIL in 30+ years but that takes the cake.
              Yea that did! I guess everyone in the Little SWC got together and paid UIL to send them East. Tough sledding for them the next two years.

Comment

Splendora has been one of the smallest 5A’s in the state the last two years by going over less than 10 students the last time. They will now be going back to 4A D1 for at least the next two and will become one of the largest 4A in the state. Looking forward to seeing how it goes.
                Seems like the program has been working hard in all sports but just getting out numbered by the amount of talent available due to being half the size or more than the other schools in the division. I expect them to shine in most sports going back down.

Comment

Originally posted by TBrandum View Post
                  Splendora has been one of the smallest 5A’s in the state the last two years by going over less than 10 students the last time. They will now be going back to 4A D1 for at least the next two and will become one of the largest 4A in the state. Looking forward to seeing how it goes.
                  Seems like the program has been working hard in all sports but just getting out numbered by the amount of talent available due to being half the size or more than the other schools in the division. I expect them to shine in most sports going back down.
                  Sorry, but the years before Splendora moved to 5A they were by far one of the largest 4A's. At that time they couldn't win at the 4A level and it got worse for them when they moved up. In football they still won't be that good, Basketball they will be middle of the pack, they will compete very well in Baseball/Softball. I don't know why Splendora can't compete in football at the 4A/5A level, they surely have the numbers and the size. Something just doesn't add up.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                    We just moved over to Prosper from Allen

Allen now has enrollment of 6,400.

Prosper has 2,500.

We are all now 6A. We enjoyed a nice playoff run this past season. Could be a while before we see that again, lol.
                    That's just insane. Is there any particular reason why Allen doesn't do what most other schools districts have done; i.e. build additional high schools.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                      That's just insane. Is there any particular reason why Allen doesn't do what most other schools districts have done; i.e. build additional high schools.
                      Football

Comment

Kingwood is in with the Pasadena schools. We can play with them in Football.

It was tough when it was 21-5A against the Aldine Schools. My Sophmore year we switched to playing schools from Beaumont and overnight we made the playoffs every year.

Comment

Yeah, because they would have to split their athletes. They know what they are doing. And, they know what they are not going to do, which is build another high school.

And I am happy with our new district. We lose two teams from the east, one being a powerhouse, and we gained two teams to the west, one being a pretty dang good team. We should be successful in all sports.

Comment

They have a Freshman Center.

It's not just about Football. Check their Wrestling record. The size of their band. Golf team for goodness sakes.

They are a powerhouse, and it's not just in football.

Comment

Lexington and Rogers went from region 4 to region 2 in 3A Div. 2. Sonora from Region 1 to Region 4.

In the smallest Division 2a Div 2. Therese a bunch of panhandle teams that moved to region two which is traditionally North East Texas

Mart went down also, sucks for anyone not Mart in 2A div. 2

Comment

Working...
                              X