• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Figured I’d share here for the guys that don’t have fb [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TeXXaN View Post
      Im very interested in hunting old mexico, can someone please pm with an offer? Looking for a mgmt deer and maybe a cull or two.
      PM Fred...

Comment

Great pics/season. I’d sure like to start hunting Old Mexico.

Comment

Looking forward to finally being down in Old Mexico next season after following these threads for what seems like forever.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
            I can but I’ll give bo a chance to continue the ritual

Will give it another couple weeks. Season still going

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
              Looking forward to finally being down in Old Mexico next season after following these threads for what seems like forever.
              Welcome to group. Best of luck on the Adventures ahead

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                We are done, bad season for us, only killed 3 culls, neighbor did fairly well.
                It was a tough Season for most. The drought really set the older deer back this yr. The less managed ranches did fairly well with the great growth on younger age class bucks. Hopefully this year will be kinder and give those post mature deer a chance to rebound.

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                  It was a tough Season for most. The drought really set the older deer back this yr. The less managed ranches did fairly well with the great growth on younger age class bucks. Hopefully this year will be kinder and give those post mature deer a chance to rebound.

Couldn't of said it better myself. Need a wet summer!

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                    This is what we saw as well with the drought. Our older deer all lost inches from last season to this season. Our prized 4.5 and 5.5 bucks did add some inches but not near the jumps we hoped so maybe next year they make a big jump. Great season for our group but none of the bucks we shot gained any inches from last season to this season.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

[IMG][/IMG]

Figured I’d share here for the guys that don’t have fb [emoji1360]

Incredible pics!!! Man I miss Mexico.

Comment

A few of my pics from this season. Heading back down mid February to close out the season with a management buck tag in my pocket.

Comment

Great pics! It can be hard to fully capture the incredible beauty down there.

We have wrapped our season up and all are back home. Some interesting observations. Our best pastures were the ones that had cattle. In fact because of the drought overgrazed by cattle. Yet the deer in those { low fenced } pastures looked the best of of anywhere. Feeder and water distribution is about the same on entirety of the ranch so my theory??? is that because of cattle pressure the bucks hit the protein feeders harder than pastures with no cattle?

Also some of our best bucks were 12 to 13 years old. In fact a 12 year old had the best rack ever and he's been big since he was 4. He added more drops and some big kickers. A 13 year old had just as big antlers as he's ever had....very typical 13 pt. though he has varied from 10 pt to 12 pt and this year 13. A stud active in fighting and rutting. We even got some great video of him in full blown battle.

Then in whats been our best pasture with no cattle all the bucks were down a lot. Every year is a new learning experience.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                            Great pics! It can be hard to fully capture the incredible beauty down there.

We have wrapped our season up and all are back home. Some interesting observations. Our best pastures were the ones that had cattle. In fact because of the drought overgrazed by cattle. Yet the deer in those { low fenced } pastures looked the best of of anywhere. Feeder and water distribution is about the same on entirety of the ranch so my theory??? is that because of cattle pressure the bucks hit the protein feeders harder than pastures with no cattle?

Also some of our best bucks were 12 to 13 years old. In fact a 12 year old had the best rack ever and he's been big since he was 4. He added more drops and some big kickers. A 13 year old had just as big antlers as he's ever had....very typical 13 pt. though he has varied from 10 pt to 12 pt and this year 13. A stud active in fighting and rutting. We even got some great video of him in full blown battle.

Then in whats been our best pasture with no cattle all the bucks were down a lot. Every year is a new learning experience.

Makes sense as it forces them to eat more protein enriched diet as there’s less natural browse with lower nutrient levels... would love to see a pic of a 12 year old monarch!

Comment

WOW, Interesting for sure.

Comment

I can do better than pics. Got video of them all. One with 5 drops a 6" kicker...you know the usual. The 13 point getting in a fight filmed at 40 yds. Couple other 200" plus. All posted in due time.For now I have to pay for the sins of neglect having been hunting almost every day since October.

Comment

Working...
                                X