No announcement yet.

Whats the fartherest you have You Driven straight through To Go Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22 hours from Minnesota to Mountain Home. Truck got sideways on black ice in Iowa doing about 80 and somehow got it corrected without hitting anyone or anything. Had my 8 year old with for his first whitetail hunt as a reward for getting A’s in his report card. It was only a fraction of a second, but I was praying and fighting the steering wheel to not ruin the trip or get us killed. Pucker factor was a solid 11.
    The excitement of a hunt will make you crazy.

Not hunting, but my brother in law and I did an Alaska road fishing trip in our late twenties and got a little carried away with the midnight sun and good fishing. We nodded off hard while stopped at the head of the line waiting for a flagman on a road construction project. We’d been up for around 36 hours between travel and fishing and we’re headed to a campground to clean fish and crash.
    Woke up disoriented with cars passing us Keys were gone and the rental car was in park. It was the most confused I’ve ever been. Apparently we nodded off and wouldn’t wake up when he changed the sign to slow. He shut the car off and removed the keys thinking we were passed out drunk until he saw we were still wearing waders. When we finally woke up he had moved to the back of our car and was directing traffic around us while we slept. The guy probably saved our lives and someone else’s by letting us sleep a while. I’ve been told sleepy drivers are a huge problem up there in the summer.

Comment

Just made a trip from Houston to Rogersville Alabama to fish Wheeler Lake on the Tennessee River. 12 Hours. Already planning a trip back in the Spring.

Comment

I drove home from Colorado in September. 20.5 hours on the road. Just couldn't make myself pay for a hotel 5 hours from the house..

Comment

22 from Jarrell Texas to Montana

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

18hrs 30min
            851 miles
            Last edited by Geezy Rider; 01-17-2021, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Colorado 25 hours from 2002 to 2018 pulling a 20’ horse trailer with two horses two mules and all our gear. The last four were up the mountain at a crawl. Got up the next day and packed anywhere from 5 to 10 miles across and in. Great hunts and memories. I am just not that mad at those elk anymore. Haha

Comment

Ten hours and never left Texas- Nacogdoches to Sanderson. If you count the times I went to eastern North Carolina to visit family but hunt while I was there- 20 hours.

Comment

25 hrs to Wisconsin but there were 5 of taking turns.

Comment

1 hr.. 60 miles

Comment

15 hours from DFW to MN to goose hunt.

Once drove 21 straight hours by myself from Bethesda, MD to Wichita Falls, TX. That sucked!!

Comment

23hrs Plano, Tx to Rockford, Ill.

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
                          2 hours!
                          yes!!!!!!!!! Lol

Comment

Drove 18 HRs straight through to NW colorado on a elk hunt.

Comment

Wow. Some of you guys are hardcore drivers. Not for a hunting trip, but I just drove 1230 miles straight through a few weeks ago going to see my daughter and it wiped me out. With 2 food stops and 3 gas stops, I still made it in 16.5 hours.

Comment

18 hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X