To buy an AR or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To buy an AR or not

Does any body think they will make it illegal to own or possess an AR type weapon ? With stuff that could be happening, I have been thinking about an AR shotgun for the house. But the one I want is fairly expensive, and don’t want to have give it away ( turn it in ) or even have to do the “ buy back “ thing. Are you guys still buying AR type guns ?
    I bought a Rick River AR varmint when Obama was elected, but never even shot it, and sold it years later never even have firing it. Doubt if I do buy one it sees much use, but it sounds like some of these AR type shotguns are inexpensive ( actually cheap by every sense of the word) but very unreliable. The expensive one seems to get great reviews, I have not seen a bad review yet and will spend the money if I can be assured of keeping it.
    Last edited by critter69; 11-19-2020, 11:20 AM.

If you want it I'd say go for it. If they want to buy it back just say.....not for sale. A lot of people are gonna be doing that. If you know someone that has one they'd sale, no paper work included that'd be even better.

Comment

There will be some extraordinary laws and Executive Orders implemented For short periods of time before the legal system works up to the Supreme Court. As long as the Supreme Court holds, and the Senate holds, the laws will only be chipped away. A slow fade into illegal assault weapons. A slow boil.

I personally think they will target guns on the face, but behind the scenes ammo will be the true target. Limit or make ammo prohibitively expensive.

Comment

I'd buy an AR if you wanted one but I wouldn't buy a gimmicky AR shotgun

Comment

"The power to tax is the power to destroy."

Daniel Webster/John Marshall

A lot of what happens depends on these Georgia senate races. Executive Order is a possibility; however, I believe that would be a disaster.

Buy one if you want one. I own quite a few guns--including ARs, HK-91s, Fns etc. I have never seen the need for an AR shotgun, but if you want one, and see efficacy in the same, roll with it. 'Merica!

Comment

I wouldn't if I were a sheep. If you're not a sheep go for it.

Comment

I have bought several Ar shotguns and so far they are reliable.

Comment

I wouldn’t right now just because of the market. Prices are ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                  I wouldn’t right now just because of the market. Prices are ridiculous.
                  Plus JJ wants them outlawed....

Comment

They can not buy back something that was never theirs.

Comment

[ATTACH]1028795[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                        I'd buy an AR if you wanted one but I wouldn't buy a gimmicky AR shotgun

I don’t find this one gimmicky, I do most of the others I have seen. This one seems pretty legit, if you have an AR10 you may be able to just buy the upper. I do know what your saying as gimmicky and really no practical use. But man I would feel pretty safe with this in my hands if something bad happens. Or just out at the range and lettin it rip, would be cool. Pigs with this would be bad @$$ to.

Comment

I prefer a pump 12g for home defense. I won't call the AR style shotgun's gimmicky but I have never seen a point to them when the benelli m4 beats them in almost every catergory.

If you're worried about ownership of an AR, buy an 80% lower and mill it yourself.

Comment

Another thing is rifle ammo is hard to find and may get worse. 12 ga. is normally easy to find, and very easy to reload. And yes a pump is great but they are so long and can’t really be cut down. You can get this with 10.5” barrel and adjustable ( foldable) stock. Makes it easier to “ hide” in the house.
                            Last edited by critter69; 11-19-2020, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Why not is the real question. Yes buy one. Do not give it up,

Comment

Working...
                              X