Lampasas county 2020/2021 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lampasas county 2020/2021 thread

Figured I would go ahead and start up a thread for this year. Anybody have anything exciting on cam yet? I only have one cell cam going right now but I have a big 6 point showing up regular that I've watched the past couple years that's gonna get it if I get the chance

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I dont have any cameras out yet but my wife called me the other day while i was at work and let me know there was a herd of Axis in the back yard. 6 doe and ( her words ) 1 really big buck. Of course i was at work so i set the rifle by the back door in case they ever come back

Comment

Dang, we have had a random single axis come through a couple times over the 33 yrs we've hunted our lease. I'd love to have more axis come through more often

Comment

We’ve been hearing of more and more being spotted between kempner and Lampasas right off 190. Last year a small buck was killed by car across 190 from our place. And another one just east of kempner by that new park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have not seen them since.

Comment

Some pigs came out after the big rain this morning at my folk’s place and I got a couple, lots of fat, should be tasty. I’ve cleared brush and cedar and food plotted a seasonal creek area and that seemed to really bring the pigs in a lot more. We have a decent 10 pointer with a couple kickers this year. Pics thru binos sorry kinda grainy. I think he’s 4 maybe 5

Comment

Nice

Comment

View from the ranch house yesterday morning.

We’ve got some sunflowers this year and seeing some birds fly, so hopefully some decent doves opening weekend

Comment

Nice buck!

We've had a small group of hogs shown up off and on the past month. First ones we've had in 4 or 5 years. They are super hit or miss i just keep hoping they will stay missing instead of hitting!

Comment

We’ve been hearing of more and more being spotted between kempner and Lampasas right off 190. Last year a small buck was killed by car across 190 from our place. And another one just east of kempner by that new park
                    All the fires from 2 years ago, high fence places had to cut fences to let animals escape. There are more exotics and big deer running around than ever before.

Comment

I'm actually gonna be off work and able to hunt the bow opener this year. Anybody down with a opening day storm's get together for lunch?

Comment

They are cutting a new neighborhood in behind my 11 acres. There is 1000 feet between my fence and the new road so hopefully it just push the deer my way instead of running them all off.

Comment

I do know there are way to many does running around my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have more does this year than normal at our place also. It may be a coincidence but I started feeding cottonseed in January and after the deer figured out what it was they lived at it! I had more deer this summer on camera at the cottonseed than I have ever had during the summer. They were eating 240 lbs from one wire ring every 5 days by July. And the fact that the coons don't mess with it is my favorite lol

Comment

My place is just a couple miles from Kempner. It’s 11 acres and in 4 years I still have not killed anything on this place. I have had a couple opportunities, but passed hoping my son would connect. They started cutting in a new road on the ranch behind me and I figured that was the end of my hunting here at the house but I sat here a couple days ago in my ghillie suit just to see what might come by. Had a few bucks and one was an 11 or 12, several forks so tonight I’m back at it.

Comment

Working...
                              X