Kayak Fishing Choke Canyon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kayak Fishing Choke Canyon

Anyone have any experience Kayaking Choke Canyon. I know there are Alligators in the lake. Was thinking about taking the Kayak next weekend and curios how the Kayak fishing there is. Thanks

No thanks. I prefer a boat bigger than the lizards in the lake! Their version of bobbing for apples.

Comment

There's fish all over the lake with plenty of areas accessible by kayak from all the launches and parks. If you're a bass fisherman and you like grass you'll really love it. I'd say go for it.

Comment

I see alot of kayaks around the south shore ramp when i launch there.
        Great bass fishing right now and crappie are heating up.

Comment

You will love fishing Choke with a yak. LOTS of places to go. The lake is great for yaks with timber,brush & hydrilla.

Comment

Great place to fish. Just be mindful the gators can be bigger than your kayak.

I’ve fished of the 99 Boat ramp several times and had pretty good luck. Was mostly fishing the white bass run and caught bass incidentally.

Comment

Yes, had a close encounter in the river a couple of years ago. Never seen anything that big move that fast!The creek was just deep enough to let her pass under me without turning my kayak over.No more close up pics .

Comment

Been on that lake bow fishing a ton and have seen some monster gators. Some that made me uncomfortable on a big 18ft boat with full deck. I don’t think I could kayak on that lake. Took my little brother one of the last times I went and he wondered why no one was swimming.

Comment

Duck hunted out there last season. Saw some big gators! Just don’t dangle the feet off the side, you should be alright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X