No announcement yet.

pole saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw another thread about the Kobalt 40v as well, but the Greenworks appears to be about $50-$80 cheaper. If it is as good or better, seems to be the way to go.

Comment

The silky is so sharp and quick it’s just as easy as chainsaw for smaller limbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
        If you want a serious limb cutter, get a Stihl pole saw. If you are just trimming small branches around your yard, the electrics work great I’m sure. The Stihl is awesome. You can cut for 20 min and have 2 hours worth of brush to haul off.
        Funny you should post this! The guy I bought my Stihl pole saw from told me to not look down until I get through cuttin' what I wanted to cut... I asked him why and he told me that it would cut more in 30 minutes than I could pick up an haul off in 4 hours! He was right!!

That Stihl is a beast but it will flat cut some serious limbs quick, fast and in a hurry!!

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
          I got a Ryobi pole saw and I am very VERY impressed with it. Cutting machine. I use ryobi drills to put blinds together so I have a gazillion batteries. Very happy I bought it.
          I have the original Ryobi pole saw that is a reciprocating saw on a pole. I have no idea why they stopped making them. With a 12" pruning blade it is a cutting dude. makes for quick work at the lease.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Funny you should post this! The guy I bought my Stihl pole saw from told me to not look down until I get through cuttin' what I wanted to cut... I asked him why and he told me that it would cut more in 30 minutes than I could pick up an haul off in 4 hours! He was right!!

That Stihl is a beast but it will flat cut some serious limbs quick, fast and in a hurry!!
            Around my place, I try to do the cutting and pay someone to do the picking up and hauling off.

Comment

I have a Husquarna and no complaints. If it too heavy get your wife to run it

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
                So I had a manual one and it broke last weekend .. Just before I thought my arms would fall off .. Borrowed a buddys gas saw tested at the house , heavy was the big down side..

i got looking for a cordless Found one by green works that you can be at 8.5 feet or pull one section out .. 40 volt unit

Amazon is easy to deal with returns so I paid 89 dollars for it grabbed a extra chain as well ..

Charged the battery and started trimming my own trees around the house . This thing is a work horse !!!!

Taking it to the lease this weekend I have to trim a bunch of trees , will see how long the battery lasts . Very impressed so far .
                I think you will continue to be impressed. I bought a 40V last year, I've done qite a bit of trimming and only charged it twice. Hasn't been sharpened yet. I have their chain saw too for small work. Both have been great so far.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  I have a Husquarna and no complaints. If it too heavy get your wife to run it
                  Man, I got about a 50 horse son-in-law for that! Boy is full size! And best of all young and eager to help!!

Comment

That’s it right there. Electric saws will only do small limbs. I cut stuff that is 8-10 inches all the time. Sure beats climbing a ladder or getting in the front end loader with a chain saw

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                      I saw another thread about the Kobalt 40v as well, but the Greenworks appears to be about $50-$80 cheaper. If it is as good or better, seems to be the way to go.
                      I was told that the Greenworks and Kobalt are the EXACT same units (mowers, saws, ETC.) that comes from the same factory. The only difference is where and how the battery clips in so you can not interchange batteries thus technically making them "different". See the article below confirming that they are made by the same people.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission announced the recall of electric push mowers from Kobalt and Greenworks because they pose a fire hazard. About 28,000 mowers were involved.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                        all you guys with the Greenworks 40v, still liking it? Any issues with them?
                        I have the 80v and I love it. The only thing that I am not crazy about is how much chain oil it goes through and how small the reservoir is for it.

Comment

As someone said above, I also have the Lynx 40 volt pole chainsaw, and the battery outlasts my arms ability to hold it and cut. I also bought a WORX 40 volt chainsaw and hedgetrimmer. I love that I don't have to deal with cords or oil and gas, and worrying about the gas going bad and messing up the carburetor.

Comment

I have the Ryobi Expand-It attachment that works with my Husqvarna. I used it for the first time a couple weeks ago. I was really sckeptical, but it wasn't too heavy and cut More limbs and brush I cared to haul off!

Comment

I also have one of those Echo pole saws and it is a heavy dog but it is the weight that helps the cut to be done especially when extended out. There takes little effort to actually make a cut except to hold the machine.

Comment

Got a old Remington pole saw prob 10y been good Keep blade sharp and pour a little extra oil on blade before and after use..Only complaint dealing with extension cord......If this ever gives up I will go with Battery power too...
                                One thing I Use lots is Sawsall 18v Ryobi with a prune blade.it aint on a pole but its a limb cutting ..I have some thoughts of mounting it on pole ...It goes with me to Deer lease lots

Comment

Working...
                                X