2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
    Whelp - we somehow ended up in the Majors for this Super NIT. I have no idea how this happened. Will make for a quick weekend, lol.

This 11 Majors bracket up in DFW has some of the best talent you will find at this age level. I was hoping to follow it, lol. Not getting destroyed by it

i just hope the rain holds off, i was hoping we would get big league dreams (cant believe i am saying that) and turf so even if it rains we can still play, but i just checked and it looks taken, looks like valley ridge or waggoner. neither of my boys ages have been assigned yet so maybe we will get lucky and be at the same park edit: forgot there are two different TD's, my boys wont be at the same park.

this is the biggest/best pool ive ever seen for our age group. it always seemed like the age above us had 20-30 teams in every tournament and we were always playing the same 10 teams lol. whoever comes out on top of this one will have earned it for sure.

i am very interested to see how we do, this team hasnt clicked yet, maybe its time.

good luck to you guys
    Last edited by jshouse; 03-20-2019, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Well my son’s team is in the Super NIT has well this weekend. Doesn’t look like it is going to happen though. The rain chances for Weekend are pretty good

Comment

Nm
        Last edited by oktx; 03-20-2019, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
          Whelp - we somehow ended up in the Majors for this Super NIT. I have no idea how this happened. Will make for a quick weekend, lol.

This 11 Majors bracket up in DFW has some of the best talent you will find at this age level. I was hoping to follow it, lol. Not getting destroyed by it

What age? Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
            What age? Good luck!!
            We are 11's - Thank ya Sir, but that luck aint gonna save us this weekend

Comment

This weekend is going to be a cluster eff - Rain looks to be unavoidable all day Saturday.

Sunday chances are high, but not as definite as Saturday.

That makes for a lot of nonsense.

Comment

yeah man it has actually gotten better as the week has gone on, i hope we get to play.

Comment

At the rac this weekend..first time playing there...
                  Another bbusa tourney that isnt at bbusa... larson has a stake in this place i heard..

Anyway..boys had a good practice and tans throwing at about 80%.. gonna get him time behind the plate and allow occaisional throws to 2nd..
                  Hes excited.
                  His pitchers are excited..(no more passed balls ..at least no where near as many.. ..)
                  Im just glad i dont have to listen to him in the dugout all game....

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    Another bbusa tourney that isnt at bbusa... larson has a stake in this place i heard..

Anyway..boys had a good practice and tans throwing at about 80%.. gonna get him time behind the plate and allow occaisional throws to 2nd..
                    Hes excited.
                    His pitchers are excited..(no more passed balls ..at least no where near as many.. ..)

We had 1 break a finger at basketball practice last night and another singing in a school choir tomorrow so we will be down to 9, if we get to play.

I'm all for education but 2 games for choir? We ain't talking bout practice, we talking bout a game...we ain't talking bout practice...

Comment

Tanner said his teacher wanted him to join choir..asked him if it meant after school practice and stuff on weekends..
                      Came home after asking his teacher and said "she said 'yep'. I said 'nope'. She asked 'why'. I said 'baseball' and went to lunch."

I mightve got a tear or two in my eye.
                      Wife wasnt as emotional...or amused.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post

Hes excited.
                        The Rac has pretty good fields no shade so better take a popup. Yes Darren has his hands in that place big time no lights so don't worry no late games good luck.

Comment

I’m here at the DFW Super NIT as well. 13 Majors. Hope the rain holds off.

Comment

Welp.. bats showed up... fielding and focus was in an aisle at buckees...
                            Started off pounding ball..demolishing ..
                            Then let first team back in with common sense errors... finished strong..but ouch.

Second game..more of the same..demolished the ball early goin up 7 early..then horrible horrible horrible calls by ump..and more silly mistakes.. let the other team back in..and ahead by 2.. not one run earned.
                            Tied it up..and more bad calls..but even more mistakes means we probably get up early tomorrow.

Side note tan had a great game behind the plate.. was fun watching him do his thing again.
                            And did well at bat with a couple rbis.

Larsen hiring a near 7' umpire for a 9u tourney is par for course... strike zones were impossible to predict on both sides to the point all coaches on field were lookin at each other shruggin shoulders, shakin heads and laughing..
                            Kids not so much.
                            Tan stood up and asked the ump to show him exactly where a strike would be ...
                            Had to chastise him but i agreed with his motive..

New day tomorrow.
                            Hopefully a long one.

Rac wasnt bad except the parking, no shade, and cinder block backstops that were less that 8 feed from the plate.
                            No steals home due to passed balls on any field we saw.

Comment

The D1 Prospects has a good Saturday. The bats finally woke up after no-showing a few weeks ago. We went 2-0 and are the 3rd seed in the Gold bracket tomorrow.

Noah hit his first career grand slam.

Comment

Awesome performance. We play next on April 6&7 in DFW wood bat invitational. My son plays for a 14U team in Tyler. He has a nice little drop 5 Marucci wood he plans to use. I’d like to see how well he does. Hoping the forecast is favorable that weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X