• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers up.

Comment

Thank you all very much....whole thing has us rattled

Comment

Yes, however, my doc rediagnosed my episode as a type of migraine called a complex or complicated migraine. I had the exact symptoms of a TIA, except followed by the only migraine I have ever had. The headache and extreme light sensitivity lasted 6 days.

I was 41 when I had my episode. Best way to describe it was my brain went coo-coo for about ten minutes. Of all the things to forget, I couldn’t remember my wife’s name. What’s crazy, is I could have driven to the lease and gone hunting no problem. But my lovely brides name was absolutely gone.

BTW, the source of my episode was stress. Y’all might consider that angle. The good news is, when you kick out the stress, no more episodes.

Comment

Did her er doctor tell her to take 2 baby aspirin?

This happened to my mom 2 weeks ago at Weid hall. Thank God she wasn't driving! The er doctor said to start with the baby aspirin every day from now on. She goes for a stress test tomorrow

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers for your wife.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers, hope the fine the cause.

Comment

Prayers for healing......

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

I'll throw out another possible cause. Could be she may have produced a blood clot in her body and it traveled to her heart and if she has a patent foramen ovale (PFO) in the heart it can go to the brain. Depending on the size of clot it can cause a mini stroke or full stroke. 20% of the population have a PFO. It' s a hole in your heart that should close after you're born but doesn't in some people. I work for a hematologist and have done imaging on patients with the same symptoms as your wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Lefty View Post
                      I'll throw out another possible cause. Could be she may have produced a blood clot in her body and it traveled to her heart and if she has a patent foramen ovale (PFO) in the heart it can go to the brain. Depending on the size of clot it can cause a mini stroke or full stroke. 20% of the population have a PFO. It' s a hole in your heart that should close after you're born but doesn't in some people. I work for a hematologist and have done imaging on patients with the same symptoms as your wife.

Thank you....I think the final test they are doing today is looking for that. They are supposed to go down her esophagus and get a view from the back of her heart. Does that sound like how you would see what your talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                        Wife had an episode last night that scared us both and ended up in the emergency room. They are still running tests but so far the neurologist says he thinks it was a mini stroke. Just worried we may never know the real issue or what caused it. Anyone have any experience with a mini stroke? She is mid 40s and in good shape.
                        My Buddy had one last year, 49 years old. He got double vision....told him it might not go away. His brain did its own bypass. Doctors could not explain it. Said he was a lucky man
                        Prayers up. They definitely worked for him

Comment

Thank you....I think the final test they are doing today is looking for that. They are supposed to go down her esophagus and get a view from the back of her heart. Does that sound like how you would see what your talking about?
                          Yes that is a transesophageal echocardiogram. They should be able to rule out PFO with that. Sending prayers for your wife.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you!!! Just took her back

Comment

Thank you!!! Just took her back
                              Just seeing this thread...I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Update us as you know something, RWB

Comment

As already stated, if it was a stroke, she either has circulatory issues or it was a blood clot. Any history of injuries or surgeries? Even soft tissue damage can cause a blood clot.

Comment

Working...
                                X