No announcement yet.

Free Solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling your emotions, and them not being there are 2 different things.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
      Controlling your emotions, and them not being there are 2 different things.
      Yes sir. The amygdala controls emotion. Studies show that many a sociopath has an amygdala just like Alex Honnold's. No, to very little, activity. No emotion, no empathy, etc.

One of the reasons a person could make an achievement that to the best of our knowledge, no human has ever accomplished, like say say free solo El Capitan, and then go to the van and do some chin ups.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
        Yes sir. The amygdala controls emotion. Studies show that many a sociopath has an amygdala just like Alex Honnold's. No, to very little, activity. No emotion, no empathy, etc.

One of the reasons a person could make an achievement that to the best of our knowledge, no human has ever accomplished, like say say free solo El Capitan, and then go to the van and do some chin ups.

This is more plausible than not being hugged as a kid. I looked around on the internet and there are conflicting studies on the amygdala controlling fear.

Imagine that.

If he would have pancaked like the 30 or so they mentioned in the movie no one would really care other than a few gravity jokes here and there.

The fact he backed out on the first attempt shows he was scared and was rattled.

I want to think peer pressure was a factor too. He had been talking so much smack for so long about doing it, gets all his buddies there to film it. He didn't want to listen to all the crap for the rest of his life with them bagging on him.

Now they can't say a word.

He needs to find a new girlfriend though. She tried to kill him a few times.

Comment

Really liked the movie. Watched with my wife and son.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting talk on how Alex prepared for the climb.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iM6M_7wBMc"]How I climbed a 3,000-foot vertical cliff -- without ropes | Alex Honnold - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
              And that is exactly what it's about
              Yup

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
              I climbed a bit in college and have been following him for awhile.

Part of me has hoped he'll go to ropes before he dies but on the other hand to him being unable to free climb might as well be death.
              You have to respect the guy for having nads that won’t fit in a wheelbarrow and knowing how he will eventually check out.

But that’s about to happen....just a matter of time.

Comment

Watching again now. This is insane. Heck, I can’t walk the top plate of a one story house being framed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X