the best hunting scope I own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the best hunting scope I own

ok , so i waited a while before posting this , but now that i've used it for a while , i can now without a doubt state that this is the best hunting scope I own.

I'll spare the suspense , it's a trijicon accupoint 2.5-10x56 mil dot amber dot tr22-2

i have lights at all my feeders for hogs and covert cameras for alert. i shoot them from 100 ,170 and 300 yards . problem is hogs get smart and they will not always want to step into the bright light , so they stay on the edges... the bigger they are the smarter they get .. so to compound the problem , the further away, the dimmer it looks. .. so I picked up this trijicon due to my previous disappointment with my vortex viper pst's illumination.

Well the verdict is in ! this trijicon is bar none the best scope i've ever used to shoot pigs at night.

most pigs are black and soak up the light at night making crosshairs disappear.

the Trinium in this scope is pretty much the perfect level at night to place an accurate shot exactly where I need it... and the best part is you never have to turn it on or mess with any of it , it just works!

My DRT success rate has gone way up since switching to this scope!

it wasn't cheap .. i bought it from swfa for $800 delivered .. but it was worth every penny ..

the only down is i would prefer exposed turrets so i can dial in the 18 clicks (1/4 moa) to 300 without having to take off the caps ... but i can live with it.

alternatively if Trijicon made the trinium and illumination on every mil dot , not just the center , that would be icing on the cake, but i understand that might be a stretch!

anyhow .. i just wanted to share my result since using it for a while now (5 months).. it had been the best scope purchase i've ever made. it has pretty much been 100% on every pull of the trigger, pretty much every weekend since i put it on..

oh and the daytime clarity is equally impressive although in my opinion allot of scope fit that bill much easier.

feeder lights vary from green amazon solar lights to walmart solar barn lights to homemade 10 watt white led on deep cycle battery and solar panel .

the motion detector lights being the worse as they seem to spook the most .
    the green are the best but have the least view range..

just sharing my experience if you're out there looking for a scope .. i'm very tempted to get a 3-9x40 for my 243 now .. even though it has a leupold on it now that has served me well for 30 years ...

missed one in the classifieds a few weeks ago ...
    Attached Files

I'd have to agree with this assessment! I have the 3-9X40mm Accupoints with the green dot on a couple AR's... my #1 hog gun/deer gun (for my grandsons) is a 6.8 SPC with that scope on it... Crystal clear in the daytime and that green dot is a natural to access with your eye. Night time is even better... Not shot any hogs at night, but yotes hate it! Been thinking about going bigger and putting one on my AR10 in .308... It currently has a Leupold Mark 4 LR that is nice, but I've sure grown to like that illuminated dot that just as you say, "Just works" with out doing anything... Have another AR with a regular old ACOG 4X with the red chevron and it's the same way for quick shots...
    Best I can tell, dang good glass in these Trijicon scopes.

Comment

I’ve had a 2.5-10x56 with standard duplex and a green dot on a noveske/seekins 10.5” 5.56 for probably 7-8 years. It’s killed a massive amount of stuff at night. The dot is perfect with just a touch of moonlight. I can mount my wicked light to it and hammer em too. But man is it heavy lol.

Comment

well i have an acog compact 3x with the triangle reticle , i have a trijicon 4x32 with the T reticle , i have this accupoint , i have a reap-ir thermal ... and a few reflex rx01's ..

i must say i'm impressed with all of them... i see a 3-9x40 in my future for the 243...

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
          I’ve had a 2.5-10x56 with standard duplex and a green dot on a noveske/seekins 10.5” 5.56 for probably 7-8 years. It’s killed a massive amount of stuff at night. The dot is perfect with just a touch of moonlight. I can mount my wicked light to it and hammer em too. But man is it heavy lol.
          as far as 56mm scopes .. the leupold vx-l 3.5-10x56 is 20.2 ounces .. the trijicon is 22.1 ounces ...so not bad considering it also has tritium illumination and fiber optic ..

wicked light a67ic is 15.7 ounces additional ...

so in the grand scheme of things 2 ounces is not a big deal i don't think

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
            as far as 56mm scopes .. the leupold vx-l 3.5-10x56 is 20.2 ounces .. the trijicon is 22.1 ounces ...so not bad considering it also has tritium illumination and fiber optic ..

wicked light a67ic is 15.7 ounces additional ...

so in the grand scheme of things 2 ounces is not a big deal i don't think
            No. The specwar hanging off the end finishes off the heavy trifecta lol

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              No. The specwar hanging off the end finishes off the heavy trifecta lol
              it's good exercise! lol

Comment

here's mine
                Attached Files

Comment

I agree they are hell for stout and really nice scopes BUT how in the hell do you deal with a mil reticle and moa turrets??

Comment

Originally posted by texasbbq View Post
                    I agree they are hell for stout and really nice scopes BUT how in the hell do you deal with a mil reticle and moa turrets??
                    it totally fails as a long range scope for that reason ... notice i call it a hunting scope ... i'd never use it for LR.
                    .. it doesn't have turrets at all .. just internal clicks ... and i know my far 300 yard distance is 18 clicks ... can't use the mil dot at night anyways since only the center is lit ... it's 14.36 inches low , but i really don't want to guess work that one , so if i'm going to shoot something at that feeder, i dial it in..

my 100 is right on , and my 170 is only 2" low so i kentucky windage it.. crosshair is still on the pig , i just aim a little high..

now if that scope came with mil turrets ... i'd love that!! but that would make too much sense ..

Comment

My best scope is an old Leupold 3x9 VX III
                      Been dropped from a deer stand twice and fell over too many times to count, bounced around in the back of my truck for thousands of miles and still holds perfect zero.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                        well i have an acog compact 3x with the triangle reticle , i have a trijicon 4x32 with the T reticle , i have this accupoint , i have a reap-ir thermal ... and a few reflex rx01's ..

i must say i'm impressed with all of them... i see a 3-9x40 in my future for the 243...

Give that green dot a hard look... To me it works better than the amber and red for low light and also for very bright sunshine when combined with the fiber opitc illumination. The green for me is easier to see/pick up quickly without any halo or glare effect. I get that with the amber and red.

Comment

Working...
                        X