10 DPS between Uvalde and Camp Wood on Hwy 55

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 DPS between Uvalde and Camp Wood on Hwy 55

Drove from Leakey to Camp Wood on Ranch Road 337. It was basically a Colorado Mountain road in Texas. Side of mountain cliffs and switch backs. Didn’t know there were roads like that in Texas. It felt like the turn on the toll road at creedmor for about half the 22 mile trip.

The bbq ribs and sausage at Kings BBQ in Camp Wood were good though.

Saw as many DPS as regular vehicles between CW and Uvalde. But only two from Uvalde back to Concan

They are thick around Rocksprings too. Glad to see them out.

Comment

That's a little light. I live 13 miles from Rocksprings , have seen 15 plus in that distance numerous times. 41 and 377

Comment

They’ve been at it for a while!

Comment

Originally posted by WTN View Post
          They are thick around Rocksprings too. Glad to see them out.
          Cruised from Fredricksberg to Garven Store to Concan yesterday and didn’t see one.

I’m glad they’re out too. The more the better. My days of crazy speeding are over especially with the higher speed limits everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
            Drove from Leakey to Camp Wood on Ranch Road 337. It was basically a Colorado Mountain road in Texas. Side of mountain cliffs and switch backs. Didn’t know there were roads like that in Texas. It felt like the turn on the toll road at creedmor for about half the 22 mile trip.

The bbq ribs and sausage at Kings BBQ in Camp Wood were good though.

Saw as many DPS as regular vehicles between CW and Uvalde. But only two from Uvalde back to Concan
            That's a cool road....for Texas.

Comment

Best road in Texas! We were down there in May and stayed in Campwood on the river for a few days and I don't remember seeing any LEOs. That's my favorite part of this great state.

Comment

I was out at our place in Val Verde county a couple of weeks ago. DPS units were thick!

From Sonora to Carta Valley, and Rocksprings. None running radar.

Comment

I believe they are supporting Border Patrol with influx of illegal traffic.

Comment

18 on 83 between uvalde and Carrizo Springs yesterday.

Comment

I live in Sabinal and we’ve been over-run with illegals. Every other vehicle on Hwy 90 in Uvalde County is a DPS vehicle. There are even some Florida State Troopers around that Desantis sent to help out DPS. We’re experiencing a couple of high speed chases and bailouts in Sabinal daily- it’s gotten ridiculous! My personal property (not Brushy Hill Ranch) is only a mile from 90 and we have had illegals on our place weekly. It’s so bad that they have trails leading to 3 places where they climb my neighbor’s high fence and we regularly have DPS choppers hovering over our house and our property, looking for runners. We have to keep our home locked at all times and carry weapons just to mow the yard. If we want to go for a walk in the evenings, we have to be armed and constantly on alert. It’s NEVER been anywhere near this bad around here! Hell, we’re 80 miles from the border and it’s almost like we live ON the border. It’s really, really bad. Much worse than the media makes out.

Sorry, rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad to have the DPS in our area. IA's are running crazy. Thanks to YOU KNOW WHO.....

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                          I live in Sabinal and we’ve been over-run with illegals. Every other vehicle on Hwy 90 in Uvalde County is a DPS vehicle. There are even some Florida State Troopers around that Desantis sent to help out DPS. We’re experiencing a couple of high speed chases and bailouts in Sabinal daily- it’s gotten ridiculous! My personal property (not Brushy Hill Ranch) is only a mile from 90 and we have had illegals on our place weekly. It’s so bad that they have trails leading to 3 places where they climb my neighbor’s high fence and we regularly have DPS choppers hovering over our house and our property, looking for runners. We have to keep our home locked at all times and carry weapons just to mow the yard. If we want to go for a walk in the evenings, we have to be armed and constantly on alert. It’s NEVER been anywhere near this bad around here! Hell, we’re 80 miles from the border and it’s almost like we live ON the border. It’s really, really bad. Much worse than the media makes out.

Sorry, rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you imagine what it's going to be like in another couple of months when all the rifle hunters start hitting the blinds? I imagine there is going to be alot of news about hunters and run-ins with illegals.

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
                            Can you imagine what it's going to be like in another couple of months when all the rifle hunters start hitting the blinds? I imagine there is going to be alot of news about hunters and run-ins with illegals.
                            Hopefully a lot fewer illegals

Comment

Drive from Uvalde to Del Rio and see how many DPS and illegals you count... insanity.

Comment

Working...
                              X