Belize anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sv2100 View Post
    If you are open to other destinations I would say check out Bonaire.

We haven’t been to Belize but have dived Bonaire twice. Very easy diving and a lot of nice reefs. Can do either shore walk-in dives or boat dives. Had good food at the Divi resort and walking into town. You can get a direct flight down from Houston on United. On the last trip we had a day without diving before flying out. We rented a car and drove the island.

We didn’t explore the night life side of things. After 3 or 4 dives a day we weren’t looking for a party scene. We did a night dive off the resort pier that was a good experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i would seriously advise looking into this as he said....ive had my dive liscence since i was 15 and have been to bonaire and it was incredible

Comment

Go to Ambergris Caye or Caye Caulker ... just got back from there in June and it was awesome. We stayed at Victoria House and did 3 days of diving and fly fished 2 days (tons of bonefish and had shots at permit). I Highly recommend Belize. I recommend staying at a decent place on the island, there is also a new hotel that is really nice (Alaia by Marriott).

Feel free to PM me if you need any recommendations.

Comment

I've never been, but a buddy of mine owns this place.

Luxury vacation rental on Ambergris Caye, Belize. Welcome to Still Waters Belize -- your home in paradise.

Comment

Ambergris Caye is awesome - rent a golf cart stay close to town

Comment

We went to placencia this past spring break and it was not even close to scary. I felt comfortable with my kids driving the golf cart anywhere on the peninsula. The fishing is amazing. Snorkel scuba all that is an easy boat ride. I will be going back just for the fishing in the reef and outside the reef.

Comment

Stay in San Pedro - we had an awesome how and did the whole snorkel / bonefish thing. Never felt out of place and the weather was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                I've never been, but a buddy of mine owns this place.

https://www.stillwatersbelize.com/
                Very nice

Comment

We went to Belize earlier this year. Stayed in Placencia a couple days (as mentioned above - nothing scary at all), great bars, restaurants and shopping (if you're into that). If not - plenty of Belekins at the Crazy Tuna. We spent a week on a Catamaran sailing, diving and fishing. One of the best trips of my life.

Also - agree with Bonaire. Been there 3 times and going again later this year. The entire island is a dive spot. Great visibility, plenty of shops to get tanks or rent gear.

Comment

It's been well over 10 years, but we stayed on Ambergris Caye in San Pedro at Ramon's Village resort. Pretty much all that has been posted was accurate back then. Overall, people were very nice, town felt safe, exchange rate was 2:1, etc.

The scuba diving was off the charts. We did a mainland tour one day, which was top notch as well. Boat picked us up at the dock, road to mainland, hopped into a tour van and ended up doing zip lining and cave tubing. We did bone fishing one day with a lot of success. Didn't try any offshore fishing.

Comment

Working...
                    X