No announcement yet.

Units 122 & 125 in Newton Cty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang I stand corrected. I wonder if bannister and Moore will be this way. Hell I don't have service in most places there

Comment

Bannister and Moore Plantation both require it as well. They are listed on page 70 and 71 of the PHL booklet.

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
        Dang I stand corrected. I wonder if bannister and Moore will be this way. Hell I don't have service in most places there
        That does bring up an interesting issue. I don’t hunt up there but do know my service is spotty in many areas and in some place none at all. How would one register if that was the case? You’d think they would have thought of that beforehand. Unless your allowed to register the day before you hunt maybe?

Comment

I don't own a cell phone, now what?

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
            That does bring up an interesting issue. I don’t hunt up there but do know my service is spotty in many areas and in some place none at all. How would one register if that was the case? You’d think they would have thought of that beforehand. Unless your allowed to register the day before you hunt maybe?
            I think you check in and out on the app and it uploads automatically when you have service again. But if you get stoped before you can show them you did it still.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
              I think you check in and out on the app and it uploads automatically when you have service again. But if you get stoped before you can show them you did it still.
              You are correct. Even if you do not have service, if you check in on the app, it logs it there. If you are stopped by the game warden, you can show him the check-in on the app and you are good to go. Same thing with the check out. Once you hit service again, it automatically uploads to TPWD.

Comment

I hunted this unit last year and really enjoyed it. Saw a lot of deer but nothing within range. I’ll be headed out there today to look at several areas. I’ve been hunting this area off and on for a few years. I really want a public land archery deer.

Are y’all having better luck in the stream side management bottoms or hunting transitions of clear cuts?

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                  I don't own a cell phone, now what?

Man you are my hero, carry on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXgringo83 View Post
                    I hunted this unit last year and really enjoyed it. Saw a lot of deer but nothing within range. I’ll be headed out there today to look at several areas. I’ve been hunting this area off and on for a few years. I really want a public land archery deer.

Are y’all having better luck in the stream side management bottoms or hunting transitions of clear cuts?
                    There are NO DEER in this area. You are wasting your time by hunting there. You should hunt the Angelina Nat Forest if you want to shoot a deer!

I see more deer in the clear cuts but like you said they are out of range. I think their are quite a few people hitting the bottoms and bumping deer. Every time we get one located they seem to disappear. Maybe we are bumping them, I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                    X