Venison bacon burger mixture/ratio ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venison bacon burger mixture/ratio ???

I've read anywhere from 50/50 to 90/10 venison to bacon ends & pieces.

What's TBH's rule of thumb? And....... How bout throwing in a little cubed high temp cheddar?

Thanks...... D.

80/20... Use bacon ends.

Comment

Never done the cheddar, but I did a rough 80/20 of Axis to bacon ends and it turned out delicious.

Comment

80/20 is what we do with bacon ends, makes some dang good burgers

Comment

I do 15% bacon 15% brisket 70% venison

Comment

So if I have 5 lbs of venison how much bacon do I need? Sorry , I'm not good with percentages!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
              So if I have 5 lbs of venison how much bacon do I need? Sorry , I'm not good with percentages!
              1lb would be 20%

Comment

We do 80/20 and buy the Wrights bacon ends and pieces. They are a hit at my house.

Comment

82/20. I never add cheese to it. plenty of room for that on the top and bottom of the patty .

If you need an unbiased taste tester, PM me. I'm an expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydestik View Post
                    1lb would be 20%

Thanks ..

Comment

75-25 for me.....I've tried less and more and keep going back to 75-25

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9891.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	24431383

Comment

Burger: 60% venison, 40% pork (where 50% of the pork is very fatty - either pork fat from a carniceria or wild hog, plus bacon end pieces)

Comment

70% venison, 30% bacon ends and pieces is what I do. This ratio makes some really tasty venison bacon burgers.

Comment

I love a good bacon burger but I have regretted making big batches. After the second or third time of eating it I wish I had made regular burger. It may just be me. I'd rather add bacon every now and then to regular burger instead of grinding up a big batch and packaging it. But 80/20 is what I used if I remember right.

Comment

I ended up having less venison left than planned, after making ssg.

So.... I ended up with about a 65/35 venison to bacon ends burger mixture.

Tastes fine but better stay on top of it while grilling. That fat can really flame up a grill !

Comment

Working...
                              X