Pig Head---Arkansas style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pig Head---Arkansas style

My parents wanted to try something they have heard about in Arkansas....baked pig head. They are not from there but its some kind of holiday tradition.
    Supposedly they sell these heads for $1.17/lb at Walmart & you eat the ears, brains, eye balls, neck meat, tongue & what ever else you can find.
    My mom baked it at 250 degrees for about 5-6 hours with an apple in its mouth.

Here's how she presented it to their 9 guests:
    She had everyone sit down to an empty table....plates & silverware only ...no gravy, no beans, etc,
    Then She then took the head & placed on a big silver platter with a the big lid covering it & placed in center of table.
    She then said "Merry Christmas" & took the lid off.
    Most of the guests have had this before but one lady was very surprised by a pigs head for Christmas dinner.
    Before:

After baking:
    Last edited by 32drawlength; 02-23-2016, 12:45 PM.

Boy that would have been a shock if you had no idea it was coming LOL

Comment

Bet that cheek meat was pretty darn good pork barbacoa mmmmm........

Comment

The brains are left in?

Comment

Yes sir, brains in.
          My mom said Typically the butcher cuts the skull in half foe the customer.

She said the eye ball fluid solidified & tasted like a meat... I said SPAM!?!?... Lol... She laughed

Comment

Pass me some snout!!

Comment

I love me some hog head cheese so I'm game! I heard the brain are good scrambled in eggs for breakfast.

Comment

I've ate some different foods but I dunno bout that. Seems kinda funky. Enough coldies though I'd prolly give it a shot:-D

Comment

yikes, I think I would have to be awfull hungry to chew on that

Comment

IMO....there are way better things I can cook for dinner.....or lunch, or breakfast.....than a pigs head.

Comment

I'm with Jeff on this one. There is alot better things to cook

Comment

If it's muscle tissue, I'm all inn, but brains or anything else, I"ll have to pass!!

Comment

Can I come eat with y'all next year? That looks scrumptious!

Comment

bet those ears are nice and crispy

Comment

I thinkn someone misunderstood a Christmas request.

Comment

Working...
                              X